Caravans are too weak

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it has more to do with how aggressive they made the AI in the last patch. It said lords and raiders will now attempt to take on caravans even if the caravan is slightly stronger. All this has done for me is make sure all my lords cant get more than 15 troops because they keep throwing themselves at every caravan that passes and lose all their guys. I've been stuck at one last city for half an in game year because I can't raise an army because my lords keep dying to passing caravans.This really needs to be undone.

In my most recent playthrough I oddly haven't run into this issue at all. 840 days in and I'm back at 2 million denars because of 5 workshops doing 1-200 per day and 3 caravans doing 500-1500 each, varying. I guess this isn't everyone's experience, though.

If you attack a caravan, it does negatively impact your relation with a lord, who I assume is the owner of that caravan.
Caravans aren't owned by a lord from what I can tell. Might upset the lord who considers the caravan owner you attacked to be a subject maybe. Definitely gives you bad relation with the caravan owner (i.e. notable)

Caravans are a complete waste of time and money now even modded so that they can recruit more troops.
I have had two running for a few months now not a single penny in profits all they do is cost me money.
While I agree they were probably too safe before they are now just a joke.

Really it's pretty easy, remove all the non-cavalry based units from the caravan, then add in either cavalry or missle cavalry to replace the caravan guards, and then ensure the character that leads the caravan has a horse equipped with tack. Typically I see caravan speeds of 7.0 or greater. If they have scouting skill higher than 75, they can go faster. Have not had one get caught yet, not even by desert bandits. Also, because of their high speed, they trade more often and bring in more revenue. Pretty good money.

I'm pretty sure caravans are supposed to be weak in oder to be a risky investment to contrast the safe workshops that take in-game years to return the money you invested in them. You used to be able to edit their troops and fill them with high tier cavalry, but TW removed that feature.

That's great, but I think making the caravan too speedy to catch is probably cheaper from an attritional viewpoint.

Before they made this change, I was using a mod which added back the clan bonuses to parties for caravans. Higher number of soldiers in the caravan seems to keep them very safe. So, just having more soldiers seems to do a good job.

I have had no problems at all running caravans, even in wartime, they all earn themselves back many fold

Back
Top Bottom