Caravaneer sitting in a city

Users who are viewing this thread

kalinome

Recruit
So I pay thousands to have my spicevendor companion start a caravan. She goes and starts trading.
I am a vassal in Vlandia, and Vlandia goes to war.
My caravan is attacked, my spicevendor captured. She gets free, but goes and hides out at a city.
Days and days pass. She is still at the city. No trading. No income.
Is she stuck? Is she hiding out because she was attacked before and lost her troops? Either way, I spent all my money getting a caravan started in the hope it would generate income. Instead I have a money sink pointlessly holed up in a city that I can't find a way to resolve.
Suggestions? (running e1.4.1.233641)

So I pay thousands to have my spicevendor companion start a caravan. She goes and starts trading.
I am a vassal in Vlandia, and Vlandia goes to war.
My caravan is attacked, my spicevendor captured. She gets free, but goes and hides out at a city.
Days and days pass. She is still at the city. No trading. No income.
Is she stuck? Is she hiding out because she was attacked before and lost her troops? Either way, I spent all my money getting a caravan started in the hope it would generate income. Instead I have a money sink pointlessly holed up in a city that I can't find a way to resolve.
Suggestions? (running e1.4.1.233641)

If she was captured, the caravan was destroyed. You have to pay to form another one.

Then caravans need reworking to not be as expensive. Given kingdom wars and the (high) probability of capture, there is no way caravans can give a decent return on the considerable investment to form them.

Then caravans need reworking to not be as expensive. Given kingdom wars and the (high) probability of capture, there is no way caravans can give a decent return on the considerable investment to form them.
Maybe you where just unlucky. My caravans get captured very rarely.

They do not have a high probability of capture, unless you're at war with half the map.

There are perks which returns 5000 coins if your caravan is destroyed. But you still need to find your caravan master and create new caravan

Just ignore caravans and workshops(unless to uproot breweries in your towns), beating down lords is all you ever need to do.
They goof'd bad in bothering to nerf caravans and workshops at all. They should have not spent a second on it until they balance everything else regarding economy and game progression meaning not for a year or two!

Back
Top Bottom