Caravan of Courage: OOC

Users who are viewing this thread

I've moved.

Kinda want Úlf to be in a place to see before I make a fuss about stabling and feed a horse being five denar a day. Just gonna have a stable hand/owner come up fore I throw a fit over Rhodok outrageous price of feed.

Verily, your post doth please me.

A_Mustang said:
So a sestertii is 1/4 a denar, my initial post is out, and we should maybe ideally get one or two more people before leaving Jelkela, although we can certainly pick-up more people on the way and leave with what we have if nobody comes forth.

Pretty much, what I'm planning right now is stalling till Friday (when I'm on break, hooray!) and after that I'll probably be looking at Monday as the day to have the party wander off (unless we're in progress with introducing everyone as I don't want someone to feel like they have to rush things). That said, my goal is to keep things moving a little bit each week, because again, I'm more going for "post something that moves the plot" than "everyone has to make the most perfect and awesome posts in the history of mankind" type of deal.

However, yeah, recruitment is still open, by my count we've got five people so far and a proper caravan could use at least one or two more people (of course NPCs can fill up any needed roles, so it's not a problem). So if you've got any reliable friends or there's someone I should clearly hunt down, then feel free to send some PMs.

Here you go, took a ridiculous amount of time

Name: Thedran Haus

Faction of Birth: Swadia

Allegiance: Mercenary looking for work

Experience: Veteran

Feudal Rank: Commoner

Appearance: A wrinkly fourty something years old man with a long brown beard and long hair, his skin is the typical color of a Swadian who spent time at war. Thedran's a 5'10" tall man and he weights about 160 pounds, his shape isn't as good due to the few years he spent away from the battlefield or a blacksmith.

Personality: Most of his illusion weere shattered by the wars he took part of, this also lead him to act with more care than he used to, avoiding combat when possible, but certainely not shying away from it when necessary. He has started to develop mild alcoholism, and wasted more than one pay on it.

Talents: Well trained swordsman, not a match for a knight but about as good as you can be as a mercenary, he's also quite capable as a blacksmith, and his and his companion gear is kept in fighting shape for a long time. Able to hunt animals with a crossbow, but not really proficient at it to the point where he'd reliably fight with one. Can read with some difficulties.

Biography: Thedran grew up in Suno, as the son of one of the many blacksmiths in the city. At about fourteen years old his father decided he's be old enough to start working at the family workshop, and so Thedran started to learn the crafts of blacksmithing. This what he would do for the next twelve years, in the meanwhile hatching plans of his own to begin his life as a mercenary. The forge was not all that busy or profitable, and Thedran used his spare time to craft his own sword, based on the same many knights used in battle. Having many brothers and sisters, his decisions wasn't all that badly received by his father, who gave him his blessing and good pair of mail mittens for his troubles. Thedran spent the next fifteen years of his life under the service of count Klargus, honing his skills. His first battle was agaisnt the Sarranids, and he was quickly knocked out by a Mamluke charging towards his line. Luckily for Thedran, peace was quickly settled and he wouldn't have to go and fight before a while, giving him plenty of time to train under the Count more experienced mercenaries and soldiers. The next battle went far better for Thedran, once again battling the Sarranids, he would walk out of this one on his feet, even killing his first man. Thedran would carry on fighting for his count for another fifteen years, using his meagre pay to eventually afford better equipement. He fought all sorts of enemies, from bandits plagueing the countryside to Nords, Rhodoks, Vaegirs and Khergits. As an infantryman, the mounted archers were one of the worst challenge he had to deal with, this has left him with a strong dislike of the Khergits. In 1255, Thedran ended his years of services to the Count and began his life as a wandering mercenary, a life away from massive battles, but certainly not as lucrative as the employ of a nobleman. His travels led him to the Lucky Dog.

Equipment:

Worn (clothing/armor): A simple green tunic and reinforced leather boots when not travelling/fighting //////// A flat topped helmet, haubergeon, leather boots and mail mittens otherwise.

Weapons (melee weapons, shields and ranged weapons): A long arming sword, a dagger and a reinforced heater shield

Horse: a donkey to carry whatever doesn't fit in his pack

Miscellaneous (anything else): whetstone, basic blacksmith tools (hammer, pincers, 15 pounds anvil), a small supply of ale and salted fish, a hatchet, flint and stone, furs, plates and metal bowl to cook food, waterskin.

Pics!

In the field
8uwrc.jpg

Expanded inventory, missing a few things, the horse is representing a donkey
CU5jq.jpg

Stats pictures, not really anything, but that's about the stats I'd give him if we were all playing the game, his 1h WPF is kinda low, but that's just because its a cheated character, they'd be higher on a normally leveled up character
6ZGv-.jpg

Back
Top Bottom