Capturing Noldor and rescuing Knights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tsubodai

Sergeant
Hi, I am playing the latest version and seem to be unable to capture any Noldor in battle and also cant seem to recruit Knights from prisoner trains, any ideas?

Btw I have 2 Cobra Warriors in my party and have read somewhere that this can be bad?

Any help welcome, thanks in advance!

EDIT: also troops dont seem to route anymore?

Having Cobra Knights isn't a bad thing it's just that they aren't very good. They lack shields and stats, but are cheap and have good armor and horses.
If you can't capture Noldor it's just because you aren't knocking them out enough. Autocalc can get you some Noldor prisoners, but it doesn't wound all of them and if I'm not mistaken some prisoners will go to any allied lords as well.
That can be solved by being marshal and telling them to go to one of your walled fiefs though, since they'll drop off prisoners.
Assuming by knights you mean order knights, you can't recruit them from prisoner stacks. You should be able to recruit faction knights though.
Troops still route just they have alot of balls. Plenty of times there's only 1 person left and they still don't run away.

Ah ok thanks! Yh i meant order knights.

For the Noldor I was confused as I attacked a party with "3/16" troops but wasn't able to capture the already knocked out ones.

Fair enough for routing, there might have been too much in native. (EDIT: actually am yet to see a single rout in this game!)

Its a real shame that you can't recruit from prisoners troops like Valkyrie though...

Mind that you can never capture troops or characters that are knocked out already before you initiate or join a battle. This is in fact a native feature and not specific to PoP. I guess it is meant to prevent abusive join-late-yet-reap-the-full-benefits-like behaviour.

iskar said:
Mind that you can never capture troops or characters that are knocked out already before you initiate or join a battle. This is in fact a native feature and not specific to PoP. I guess it is meant to prevent abusive join-late-yet-reap-the-full-benefits-like behaviour.
Hmm, you sure about that? I often arrive late for fights and take a lot of prisoners.

Quite sure about that. The prisoners you take would then be the ones knocked out after you joined. Depending on your party size the game also gives you a certain priority at choosing prisoners and recruiting freed troops.

If the enemy troop is >level 40, then they are never able to be recruited.  This is a deliberate feature to prevent steamrolling the game.  Makes it too easy.

Best regards,

Saxondragon

iskar said:
Quite sure about that. The prisoners you take would then be the ones knocked out after you joined. Depending on your party size the game also gives you a certain priority at choosing prisoners and recruiting freed troops.
Im not sure im understanding you correctly, I could swear that I have once joined a battle with only about 10-1 enemies alive left, and gotten a lot of prisoners (not all but some)

Maybe what I said does not apply to those enemies knocked unconscious during a battle that you join at some point of time. I am quite sure though, that units wounded before the battle is initiated cannot be captured

iskar said:
Maybe what I said does not apply to those enemies knocked unconscious during a battle that you join at some point of time. I am quite sure though, that units wounded before the battle is initiated cannot be captured
So if I attack a party of 15 mysmountain raiders, with 5 wounded men in it,  and I knocked out the 10 men, I would only be able to capture those 10? and not the 5, I thought this only applied to the unique spawn leaders.

krisvk said:
iskar said:
So if I attack a party of 15 mysmountain raiders, with 5 wounded men in it,  and I knocked out the 10 men, I would only be able to capture those 10? and not the 5, I thought this only applied to the unique spawn leaders.

That's correct you would only capture the 10 that were knocked out after you joined in. In M&B you would have captured all 15 men, but in Warband you only capture those wounded after you are a participant in the fight.

Back
Top Bottom