Native Completed Capture the Flag - Multi-Clan Event!

Users who are viewing this thread

Stuboi0

Grandmaster Knight
Hello all,

I (and many others too) have the intention of making Capture the Flag more popular. We decided to make an event out of it. Immediately you will probably say "well CTF spawns are broken" or "the gametype is broken," but the reason why CTF became really unpopular (and pretty much died away) was because of these broken spawns and the current native maps were not really designed or balanced for this particular game type.

Now this will be the first time we will be hosting an event like this. I want people to realise that this is just a fun event. It's going to be occasional. Its nothing serious. Think of it as the old 22nd formation battles or the Mount and Musket line/conquest battles if anyone has played in them before.

I have asked certain clans if they are interested, it seems that there is still an interest in CTF and having an event like this would be awesome.

Now lets get down to what this event includes.

The event will take place on Sunday 12th February at 19:30GMT (20:00 GMT start)
The server will be Wolfpack_CTF (more slots WILL be rented) however, if there is a change in the server then you will be notified on this topic.

In terms of communication - We will use the Public Teamspeak 3 Server called Battlegrounds V2. (European based) <--- See link for details

To start off with it is going to be a mutli-clan CTF event with each clan having up to 8 players each. This number is likely to change if there is any increased interested amongst other clans.

Then you might ask "well how does this work?" Hopefully, this will explain rules and how it will work (hopefully it is fairly straight forward to everyone);

- Depending on the number of clans and the number of players involved, they will be separated into 2 teams evenly.
- There will be custom/editted native maps. Edited by Wolfpack_AZAN (Lord_Rich), he has re-balanced Village so that spawns and flag locations are ideal for CTF only. It will also include another balanced and tested custom map.
- There will be 4 rounds.
- Each round will be between 12-20 minutes long. This varies depending on the size of the teams.
- The objective is the capture as many flags with in that time limit.
- At the end of each round, there will be faction switching.
- To make the event fairer, clans will then switch with one another. So each clan will have a new clan to pair up with.
- Gold Starting: 100%
- Gold Combat Bonus: 50%
- Gold Round Bonus: 0% (Not as if this will make a difference. As each round is an entire game, and the map will be resetted anyway.
- No roster required
- Other rules include; No trolling, being abusive, glitching/exploiting... you get the idea. Sociable standards to anyone.

We had planned to keep it to 4 clans, however, if other clans are interested, then fill in this application
Code:
Clan:
Clan Contacts:
Nation/Region/Continent:
Do you agree with the rules?:

If there is an odd number of clans. There is a chance that you will need to wait for another clan to balance it out, OR the number of players per clan will change.

Clans Confirmed:

Wolfpack Clan [Wolfpack_]
Court of Reveran [CoR_]
Foolocracy of Fedner [FF_]
Armata Brancaleone [AB_]
ARMY Clan [ARMY_]
The Legendary Brother's [TLB_]
Zender Hunters Guild [ZHG_]

Clans Interested:

Deadline for Applications: Dead Line has passed

If there are any questions, feel free to ask here or contact me via Steam: Stuboi0

I hope to see you there!

Many thanks,

Wolfpack_Stuboi

Mok said:
I believe this is the, third? Event based around capture the flag, amirite?

No.

You have deathball which is hardly an event and is a fun thing.
You have the CIT tournament which is more competitive.
Now you have this which is more of a big friendly event.

I don't think I have missed anything.

Unless you were talking about this being the third attempt that someone has tried to make an event out of CTF...?

Currently the two maps (New Village and Northton) are probably medium size maps, we have two larger maps if there is a lot of interest and one very large map if we get tons of players. In any case the gametype will work well with whoever shows up even if the numbers are small.

Clan: TLB
Clan Contacts: TLB_Kush TLB_Loki (steam)
Nation/Region/Continent: USA / Canada East/West
Do you agree with the rules?: Havent read them but sure :grin:

Mok said:
Stuboi0 said:
Mok said:
I believe this is the, third? Event based around capture the flag, amirite?

Unless you were talking about this being the third attempt that someone has tried to make an event out of CTF...?
This

The big difference is within our commitment to make it successful, working on new maps, changing the native ones in order from them to be more balanced and playable. In the end, we are the Wolfpack clan and everyone loves the Wolfpack clan so its gonna be awsome  :mrgreen:

Time updated.

19:00 > 19:30 GMT for 20:00 GMT start.

Hopefully this might allow more time for people to get organised.

If the later time is less convenient, I sincerely apologise.

Spartan_Aury said:
Clan: ARMY Clan
Clan Contacts: auris54 (Steam)
Nation/Region/Continent: Europe
Do you agree with the rules?: Yes

Ah great :smile: will add you to the confirmed list later on today. :p

An update on the event: For the time being and possibly for the event too, that I will remove the limit on the number of players from each clan. I do plan to adjust the server slots, maybe to 100 players. If the limitations will only be enforced if the server comes close to full or there is too much of an imbalance between the teams in terms of number of players of each team.

A little reminder that there has been a minor change in the starting time. The password will be given out from 19:30 GMT, and aim to start no later than 20:00 GMT.

If there are any problems, please contact me.

Full and finalised details will be announced shortly after the application deadline.

Thanks

Spartan_Aury said:
Thank you, we will try to perform our best :smile:

I say enjoy it no matter what happens. If there are any problems or issues that occur, I'll be the one to deal with it.

Details of which team speak server to be used will be arranged asap.

Madnes5 said:
Clan: TLB
Clan Contacts: TLB_Kush TLB_Loki (steam)
Nation/Region/Continent: USA / Canada East/West
Do you agree with the rules?: Havent read them but sure :grin:

Edit: Will go ahead :smile: I assume that you're ok with playin on an European server? (Paris)? Those on the east coast are to expect 90-110 ping, which I suppose is playable.

Right, I've sent out PM's to clan reps, hopefully you have all got the details now.

Those clans who have made a last minute decision to join, may still do so and that I am contacted asap.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom