MP Captain

Users who are viewing this thread

i'm a huge fan of this mode, but i was wondering if there were any plans to allow for a larger style captain battle? like a 3v3 with 2 units each or a 1 v 1 style with 4 units to control or something like that. not sure if this is the right place to ask but a "general" as opposed to "captain" mode or something like that would be amazing.

The biggest problem with captain mode is the size. It, as many people have said, resembles a bar fight brawl rather than a proper skirmishy battle. I think though that the problem with increasing the size is the server strain, the strain on budget players PCs, and it will diminish players roles in the battle as well.

The biggest problem with captain mode is the size. It, as many people have said, resembles a bar fight brawl rather than a proper skirmishy battle. I think though that the problem with increasing the size is the server strain, the strain on budget players PCs, and it will diminish players roles in the battle as well.
Again, the perfect solution is a 3rd party dedicated server with unique server settings, so that the standard match making can continue as it is, but people who want larger battles can have them. It would be really awesome.

This is a very interesting video created by one of my favourite streamers. Would be very nice if this was a little more clear as it sounds like the A.I might actually be a fair bit smarter then we give it credit for.

I never would have thought that the advance command was so important or that the unit slots were anything more then just hotkeys.

Captain mode could really use a field map. Most real fighting happens in the open areas, and all the buildings do is hamper archers. In the time it takes to get in a decent position where you don't have to fire through your comrades the battle is already over.

Field battles would benefit range (and maybe even make crossbow men viable. It would hamper but not eliminate shock troops, peasants and cavalry. Plus it would make cooperation easier as you can see who is flanking etc at all times.

I mean, really, ancient commanders chose ground for maneuverability unless they were outnumbered. Currently choke points mean nothing, as two squads attacking a line of shielders in a narrow alley is the same as if they attacked them in a field (please add "realistic battle mod" to captain mode).

In a field lines would form; shielders in the front with shock troops behind, ready to engage once the melee begins, while archers scurry for the perfect angle, and the cav fight each other on the edges trying to gain the upper hand so they can wreck the archers and hit the flanks (with spear brace, no more rushing through the centre).

But Realistic Battle Mod is required for that to happen... actually, even that is not defensive enough. In order for commanders to take advantage of certain situations, the infantry need to fight for a while. These 7 second engagements don't work. We need two equal shielder battalions to take three or four minutes at minimum to wear each other out so shock troops, cav and ranged can try exploit weaknesses (breaks in the line, flanks or getting behind).

It would make each map take longer, but once you get men surrounding enemies it will go very quickly. Plus we're gamers. We got lots of time,

Any word on new maps coming any time soon?

Also how many maps do Talworlds plan to release?

Also will there be a map maker?

No to new maps soon.

No idea, and I don't think they will even know.

Scene editor is coming soon, like 2-3 patches away from their latest development update.

Total number of maps added to Captains Mode: -1

Not only is there no new map for Captains Mode, they actually took one of the only unique battlegrounds away: Streets of Sylliannon. As far as I can tell devs have yet to mention why they took it away, for how long it will be gone, if it will ever come back, if they have a replacement in the works, etc.

There wasn't enough stages to begin with and now there's even less with no word on what's being done about it causing Captains Mode to become stale.

In the Closed Beta developers would release versions of the existing maps using different weather and seasons at least. For example we had a snowy, Christmas themed version of the Island map which made them feel different. I was hoping that would continue but seems additional Captains Mode content has been at a complete stand still since before Early Access even began.

Lead your own detachment of troops into battle in this team-based PvP game mode. Control the battlefield to demoralize the enemy team or annihilate their forces to emerge victorious.

Players:
6 vs 6
Avg. Playtime:
20 minutes
Rounds:
Best of 5
Round Time:
5 minutes
Objectives:
Kill all enemies or deplete the enemy team's morale or have the most morale when the round time expires.
Troops:
Select your troops wisely according to your team's needs. Troops counts are determined by troop strength.

Please leave all feedback relating to the Captain game mode in this thread.

I have been playing cap mode since EA, with over 1k hours played!!!
In the case you haven't noticed : CAPTAIN MODE IS DEAD AFTER 1.5.0 UPDATE!!!!
I see two big issues that are easily fixed and could revive Cap mode again.

1 : FIX ARCHERS!! Archers have been totally nerfed after the 1.5.0 update. Archers are SO important, because they force players to make a tactic to counter them, to have a plan and work together. Archers brings an aspect to cap mode, that make it way more complex and enjoyable. Before the 1.5.0 update it would have been suicide for groups with no shields to attack archers head on. Archers would have dealt swiftly with them! But now, after the 1.5.0, I've seen how 28 archers cant even stop 1 group of 2h charging from a distance. They just stood there looking, like something is blocking them, and when they finally fire an arrow, it will surly miss 100%. So what is the point of having archers in your team if they cant make ANY damage ???? You can keep all other balance fixes, BUT NEED TO REVERT ARCHERS BACK TO 1.4.0 STANDARDS!!!

2 : MAKE NEW MAPS FOR CAPTAIN MODE!! Since EA we had 4 maps in the rotation. One of them, the city map (Streets of Syllianon) have been removed long time ago, but have never been replaced with a new one. And the rainy map (Isle of Deriad) should be removed and replaced too, because like the city map, it's way too small. So, we really only have 2 maps playable right now!!!! MAKE NEW MAPS FOR CAPTAIN MODE FAST!!!

Plz, at least make a statement to your fans, that you will take the archer issue serious, and will fix it in a future update. And if you don't think there is ANY problem with archers in captain mode after 1.5.0, we would like to know WHY you killed them off.....

Thx....

I have been playing cap mode since EA, with over 1k hours played!!!
In the case you haven't noticed : CAPTAIN MODE IS DEAD AFTER 1.5.0 UPDATE!!!!
I see two big issues that are easily fixed and could revive Cap mode again.

1 : FIX ARCHERS!! Archers have been totally nerfed after the 1.5.0 update. Archers are SO important, because they force players to make a tactic to counter them, to have a plan and work together. Archers brings an aspect to cap mode, that make it way more complex and enjoyable. Before the 1.5.0 update it would have been suicide for groups with no shields to attack archers head on. Archers would have dealt swiftly with them! But now, after the 1.5.0, I've seen how 28 archers cant even stop 1 group of 2h charging from a distance. They just stood there looking, like something is blocking them, and when they finally fire an arrow, it will surly miss 100%. So what is the point of having archers in your team if they cant make ANY damage ???? You can keep all other balance fixes, BUT NEED TO REVERT ARCHERS BACK TO 1.4.0 STANDARDS!!!

2 : MAKE NEW MAPS FOR CAPTAIN MODE!! Since EA we had 4 maps in the rotation. One of them, the city map (Streets of Syllianon) have been removed long time ago, but have never been replaced with a new one. And the rainy map (Isle of Deriad) should be removed and replaced too, because like the city map, it's way too small. So, we really only have 2 maps playable right now!!!! MAKE NEW MAPS FOR CAPTAIN MODE FAST!!!

Plz, at least make a statement to your fans, that you will take the archer issue serious, and will fix it in a future update. And if you don't think there is ANY problem with archers in captain mode after 1.5.0, we would like to know WHY you killed them off.....

Thx....

Same here, i have 1090 Hours but after update 1.5 i.e when the archers are downgraded the game is no longer balanced. I dont feel like playing till there is proper balance in troops. it takes away all the fun. The game is becoming a two handed spam in multiplayer, everyone takes two handed weapon or cav and just swing weapons around!!!!!!!! ! please roll back the archers to 1.4.2. the troops were balanced then.

I have no idea where to post this but I was wondering if it has been thought of yet or not but can we expect a coop mode for the game such as a coop campaign? I've always wanted that for warband and I think now with bannerlord it would be even more cool to have

Always the same people. Nobody wants to be slaughtered by OP 2 hands [...]

Which archer is showing off the hits?
Which infantryman is showing off with the arrows on his shield?

But as a 2-hander you feel like OP that [...]
You don't have to do anything = 80kills directly.

You also have to hit the naked 2-handed at least 3 times.

& it seems as if all the skills of the AI are needed for the two hands.
As an infantryman, you HAVE to do almost all the kills yourself, because your AI is handicapped like ****.

So are the archers. stand 10m behind the enemy = 2kills.

.... That's why nobody wants to go into Captain Mode.

These two hands can make a server for themselves, but the official ones should be designed differently.

/ NoVoiceChat. Allows players to summon all troops.
1, 2, 3
Inf.Bows.Cav

We have to be able to communicate with 1,2,3!
At this moment you can also spam, but nobody does it. So no argument!
2. Nobody wants to play CM because the 2 hands are absolutely OP.

Right now 8 people are generally playing the CM ...
Do you really think they just don't feel like it?
I say no!
They feel like it but nobody wants to support this two-handed OverPower ****!
STOP THAT!
EIGHT PEOPLE ARE PLAYING! EIGHT!
FINALLY DOING IT!

It's not even the damage, but the armor absolutely OP.
Nevertheless all infantrymen die after 3-5sec vs 2hands. This is neither realistic nor funny, nor tactical, nor role play styles.

For whom ?
For 5 people who write to you in the forum that 2Hands should be stronger & stronger & stronger?
Was that the same 5 people who said North was OP without talking to the berserkers?

I am very disappointed.
I will definitely not spam Archer or the like just to defeat the 2Handers. I'd rather not gamble any more! then you still have 7 players!

But heyyyyy, the 5 favorites are still there:wink:

So bots are coming soon mhh

2 points:
1st
Since we now have bracing for spears (pikes), we need a command for bots to use spear bracing. Maybe rewrite the shield wall formation to be like this when pikes are equipped: The bots stay completely focused forward, not turning around to attack anyone who goes through or behind, and bracing their pikes making a phalanx. This would make pikes viable, since at the moment they're really useless against anything because the bots can't use such long weapons. As opposed to normal spears, they would sacrifice 1 handed use with shields for the added anti-cavalry utility of the phalanx.
2nd
We need a way to reliably make our bots use the weapons we want. What I'm suggesting is to change the "fire at will/hold fire" button to just switch weapons (Hold fire will just switch the bots' weapons to melee anyway). It would work the same way as you change weapons yourself. It will cycle through weapons.
It gets dull after a while to have your infantry fight against some enemy infantry squad and then one cavalry boi runs past them and they all change to spears and back to swords and get hit and lose the fight.

Additionally:

"Ramboing" in captain mode is as cav is really dumb. It's when you hide your cavalry troop somewhere on the edge of the map and just go out yourself. It's way too easy to just kill enemy cavalry because the bots are bad at fighting a single player who comes at them at full throttle. You yourself have to kill that rambo, but before that they have probably killed at least a couple of your 8 cavalryman squad. And after that he's back in a few seconds, having only lost one life. It's just really a scummy way of tryharding.

In Warband and NW there was a system not allowing the player to deal damage if he was way too far from his squad. Of course the problem is that cav will scatter everywhere when they charge, and usually you'll be far away from them after that. But that will be fixed if the damaging restriction is either:
- Removed when bots are charging (F1+F3 = no restriction due to distance)
- You need to be close to one of your bots. Usually that means the whole squad, since they move in a unit when they're not charging. And when charging, you need to be somewhere where one of your bots is.

Why do we lose the block when we give an order?
-for the KillCountHunter!

Why do we have 2 sec fights?
-Because the rounds for the KillCountHunter went too long.

Why don't we see the lost-Rounds anymore?
-Because the KillCountHanter don't want to see that.

Why are the troops getting worse, dumber & slower?
-Because the KillCountHunter are complaining.
-Because the rest of the players think it's about factions & not the ONE type of weapon

Why are two-handed weapons faster than one-handed weapons?
-Because the KillCountHunter want it so.

Why are 24 people at most playing Captain Mode?
-Because one fulfills the wishes of the KillCountHunter.

I don't know why you decided to turn the CaptainMode into a KillCountMode slaughter festival. But I request to stop this, so that the 300+ players finally return.

Should these KillCountHunter make a server for CaptainMode later. :wink:

I want to play with the other people again.
So many crazy anti-mates with their 2-handed weapons that insult their players because they don't have 120 kills.

& why are there always & again players who have 0 kills in 3 rounds and about 20 AIs?
-> Do you get 2Hand-Ais more AI-competence? : D ..

& I mean the question seriously ^^ .. unbelievable how often in 3 rounds some get 0kills ....

Or are there just too few players for rounds with the same criteria?

You can do what you want.

I bet 100 € that as soon as you make the 2Hands realistic again the players will come back :wink:

I have no idea where to post this but I was wondering if it has been thought of yet or not but can we expect a coop mode for the game such as a coop campaign? I've always wanted that for warband and I think now with bannerlord it would be even more cool to have
I would like to suggest this as well as a captain co-op. Captain co-op is the reason why I still play MB: WFAS. A lot of people would enjoy it a lot if the developers brought the gamemode to Bannerlord! The co-op campaign might be hard to implement, but it sure does sound fun. If the developers decide to implement the captain co-op gamemode, I would advise them to make the gamemode moddable for players. This way the replayability of the game increases massively.

Back
Top Bottom