MP Captain

Users who are viewing this thread

Please remove the bell noise for moral. Its too loud and really off punting for playing moral strats. The sound hurts if you get to close to the point and plays even if you are wining. Defending the point comes at the cost of your hearing.

Lead your own detachment of troops into battle in this team-based PvP game mode. Control the battlefield to demoralize the enemy team or annihilate their forces to emerge victorious.

Players:
6 vs 6
Avg. Playtime:
20 minutes
Rounds:
Best of 5
Round Time:
5 minutes
Objectives:
Kill all enemies or deplete the enemy team's morale or have the most morale when the round time expires.
Troops:
Select your troops wisely according to your team's needs. Troops counts are determined by troop strength.

Please leave all feedback relating to the Captain game mode in this thread.
Hi @Callum !

The situation in captain mode is pretty bad right now. Because of rambo tactics. But Rambo tactics is not the disease, it is just a symptom. And to fight rambo directly with restrictions to the mode, will not cure the problems. It will just make the mode even less enjoyable. I have made a list of suggestions to fight the decease. And I think those changes I am talking about, will open up the gameplay to a wide range of new and old tactics and also make rambo tactics obsolete. It's really just a "general" list of suggestions, with no specific factions in mind. I know it is more or less impossible to balance all factions in this mode. But, I think if more unit classes in each faction will become stronger and more viable, the balance will come though the many unit combinations available.

1: Cav AI need to be fixed. When you use the charge command very close to the target you want to charge, then the AI does a really good job actually. They will use couch, kill and do a lot of bump damage. Used correctly and in the right situations you will not even lose any cav. The problem is after the charge. They scatter and you need to collect them again with the "follow me" command, then line them up again and lead them back to the target you want to charge, and again use the charge command in the last second to get good hits. It's a lot of work, and it takes time. And I don't see many cav players doing this. It could be really cool if your cav units could regroup, line up and then attack the same target on their own after the initial charge, until you give other orders.

2: Archer AI and perks really really need a super fix. Their accuracy needs to be much better, like 25-35%% better. The "faster bow" perk needs to be removed and made the permanent fire rate of archers. Instead of the "faster bow" perk we need a "spears" perk! If the enemy cav attacks archers in their line of sight, they should change to spars fast on their own also. If the cav attacks from the flanks or from behind, the captain needs to hit "F4" and turn them to counter the attack. Their movement speed needs to be higher. Pre 1.5.0 you would get a speed buff if you used the "hold fire" command, we need that back. When archers are in melee mode they should have the same speed as non range classes. Also their visual field view needs to be much more narrower. They should ignore what happens around them. And what targets they should engage, should be 100% up to the archer captain to decide. If they are getting ambushed or flanked, and the captain don't notice, they will be "caught" and it will have consequences.

3: Infantry ranged attacks, both 1h and 2h classes, needs to have better accuracy and make more damage too. This will make non shielded classes to think twice and stay behind their own shield units, and not just rush through and charge on their own. The "square" formation command need to be fixed. It's ok that the "shield wall" command will limit inf movement speed, but why does the "square" command make all classes, even units with no shield, move slower too ? There should only be a speed reduction after you use the "shield wall" command. Unit classes with shields, should only go into "shield wall" if you use the command, and not automatically if you use any other formation. Another thing is the damage output when inf is in a shield wall. I think that need a small buff.

4: Skirmish classes need to be extremely good at range. They should have more javs, way better accuracy, damage and range, than normal infantry. So they will be a great support for archers in their range play. This will force the enemy into tight formations if they want to rush. And also open up for many "pre engagement" tactics. I also think a melee damage buff will be a good idea. In a melee engagement they make no kills vs any other class besides archers.

5: 2h unit classes need to be the overall masters and the real damage dealers in certain melee situations. Because they don't have any shields, and they have low armor. There will be no point in taking them if shield units make more or lees the same damage. I don't believe a 2h buff will make teams go full 2h rush. The range units will simply kill them. Pikes need a couch command, or some other mechanic so they can punish frontal cav attacks.

I know many players will think, that these changes will be a range hell on earth. BUT, there is a really really good counter to it all. Something that will force a certain class into the support role it is suppose to have. FULL CAV ATTACKS!!! With these changes, the range units cannot attack and fire 360 degrees around them. They will have to choose what direction they will engage in. When cav attacks enemy range units, it will force an opening to move closer to the enemy. The cav captain can also decide to send his squad to attack one group of range, and go rambo on another to disrupt and help his team. I don't even think there is a great need of class restrictions in tournaments, like they use in skirmish, with these changes

Last edited:
In my opinion, update 1.6.1 severely slashed the realism and the potential for progress of players in the captains mode, adding child casualness (perks) and arcade (the transience of battles due to the increase in speed and damage) that prevents the dispersion of the tactical arsenal.
Well, I'm not a child and I appreciate realism and tactical freedom in games and in this part the patch upset me. Please fix this.
PS: at the same time, Rambo tactic feel even better :sneaky:

In my opinion, update 1.6.1 severely slashed the realism and the potential for progress of players in the captains mode, adding child casualness (perks) and arcade (the transience of battles due to the increase in speed and damage) that prevents the dispersion of the tactical arsenal.
Well, I'm not a child and I appreciate realism and tactical freedom in games and in this part the patch upset me. Please fix this.
PS: at the same time, Rambo tactic feel even better :sneaky:
I just tried new duel mode, and finished one captain mode..

New duel mode is just a good step. Late, but better than never.. ( i couldnt figure out how to join 2v2 3v3.. duels if its available. this seems only big deficiency for duel mode rn - as i see today ) .

In my opinion; captain mode needs

>More AI under our control
>Smooth gameplay
>Enriched perks

More AI can wait. But, smooth gameplay, & better* perk system must be there for fun matches.

*More perks at perk pool. More functionalities from perks. More choices for each class.

Perks not childish. Games not childish..
Bannerlord shouldn't be %100 reality based "man" game, nor pure fantasy game. It should be fun-TW-brand-game.

So, i.e . I would like to pick a perk that gives me overpowered accuracy at hitting target, with "very low damage" / "less AI" penalties etc. If i pick overpowered/ "childish" perk, i can play just as i want within its penalty. And, team can be more colorful with many different new perks.

2 ppl can throw an arrow from same bow to different distance. And, also, this is a game that should be fun. So, please stop calling perks as "child casulness". Focus on individual customized fun gameplays at TW brand game.

We need more perks. More functionalities at some perks. And, balaced penalties for all different kind of perks.

I found perks better than old at captain mode today. But, further perks/deeper functionalities needed.

****** I forgot the durabilitiy(hp) issue. All trops(Human/AI) should have much more primary hp. Perks should effect this primary hp positive or negative. (overpowered perks should effect primary hp +/- much more) . So: Variable perks > variable teammember functionalities/features > variable teams > variable matches should be seen at the field. Changing weapons/current perks and getting: "Damage from 98 to 101" cant make colorful fields. Not enough.. + Perks should grant with other perks' + or - effects.... This is my own & basic opinion as a player.

Last edited:
Captains mode really needs wide-open maps. I can't stress enough how much that will change the dynamic. Fortunately TW already have a bunch of beautiful wide open maps...

futureplans.aug21.03.png

Couldn't someone grab one of these stunning beauties - slap some multiplayer spawns on it and give it a run on the captains pool? (I know there is more to it then that). I promise it would become a quick fan favourite.

In the troop selection screen, you should see all figures of your teammates, not just your avatar. Watching these small icons in the top left of the screen is not good enough. Often before team sees that someone chose the wrong troop type to work with team, is too late to say it and change. It will improve team integrity and communication, and also give players another great way to show they cool customized armor to other players.

In the troop selection screen, you should see all figures of your teammates, not just your avatar. Watching these small icons in the top left of the screen is not good enough. Often before team sees that someone chose the wrong troop type to work with team, is too late to say it and change. It will improve team integrity and communication, and also give players another great way to show they cool customized armor to other players.
Agree, like in skirmish. Right now you only see yourself with all the AI units lined up behind you, like starring in a mirror with a camera.

+1

Good to see that we got this change in game (We can see what allies pick), not in a way that i would love to, but it is, and it works.

So I am here just to remind that skirmishers needs boofs in capitan mode, they ssuuuuuck. Picked only by rookies (what upset rest of the team), by mistake or for laughter matchers

Not sure where else to out this, but would love to see a 1v1 captain/battle mode, where you command hundreds of ai troops against another human general (similar to custom battle, but preferably like the enhanced battle test mod but online, so a limited number of others can have the option to join as co-commanders or sergeants). Have seen it on other forums claiming it will be in because it was in earlier m+b but no confirmation on here and not sure if this will come with custom server files etc, but would be something I'd love to see.

This may be a different game mode, but this is most relevant on forum at the moment/might be planned in captain mode.

Back
Top Bottom