Captain Team Deathmatch hotfix needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Falrinth

Regular
Hello.
Me and people playing on my ctdm server loving the concept of that mode, but as soon as they realise what i have realised the fun vanishes... There is no point buying soldiers if not for the look of it. Atm buying units in captain game is nerfing your own team -> giving gold and points easier for enemy team. Whats the point of captain mode when NOT buying units is the best strategy of winning? Its like giving gold and points to the player that brakes someone else's shield (item that cost money)... items and soldiers to buy should work exactly the same way: increasing players' chances of winning, scoring, and not increasing their enemies' chance of scoring and gaining gold.

fix1:
Please make separate customisable bounty settings and no points for killing bots.

fix2:
Please make bots have 50% chance to parry players' hits... 1man "berserks" abusing the weak AI melee behavior to slaughter whole squad of 12 bot without getting single hit can ruin the game totally :/

I think this is not to much to ask for? And it would really make the CTDM viable game mode. If its not possible i wont keep my ctdm server alive, cause its just broken game mode.

regards
Falrinth

or maybe there is some mod possible to do that? Is it possible to mod it somehow keeping the game shown to players with checked "show only compatible version"? Please help.

Code:
         #killer agent standart money (100-150-200, norm : 150)
         (assign, ":killer_agent_standard_money_addition", multi_killer_agent_standard_money_add),
         (val_mul, ":killer_agent_standard_money_addition", "$g_multiplayer_battle_earnings_multiplier"),
         (val_div, ":killer_agent_standard_money_addition", 100),
         (try_begin), #add this
           (eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_captain_team_deathmatch),
           (agent_is_non_player, ":dead_agent_no"),
           (assign, ":killer_agent_standard_money_addition", 0), #no change
         (else_try),
           (this_or_next|eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_deathmatch), #(4/3x) share if current mod is deathmatch
           (this_or_next|eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_duel), #(4/3x) share if current mod is duel
           (this_or_next|eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_captain_team_deathmatch), #(4/3x) share if current mod is capture the flag
           (this_or_next|eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_captain_coop), #(4/3x) share if current mod is coop
           (eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_team_deathmatch), #(4/3x) share if current mod is headquarters
           (val_mul, ":killer_agent_standard_money_addition", 4),
           (val_div, ":killer_agent_standard_money_addition", 3),
           (assign, reg7, ":player_gold"),
           (val_add, ":player_gold", ":killer_agent_standard_money_addition"), 
           (assign, reg7, ":player_gold"),
         (else_try),
##           (this_or_next|eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_battle), #(2/3x) share if current mod is battle 
##           (eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_destroy), #(2/3x) share if current mod is fight and destroy
           (eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_battle), #(2/3x) share if current mod is battle 
           (val_mul, ":killer_agent_standard_money_addition", 2),
         (else_try),
           (eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_captain_battle), #(5/3x) share if current mod is captain battle 
           (val_mul, ":killer_agent_standard_money_addition", 5),
         (else_try),
           (val_add, ":player_gold", ":killer_agent_standard_money_addition"), #(3/3x) share if current mod is siege
         (try_end),
And if you don't want bots killing bots to count:
Code:
       (else_try),
         (agent_get_player_id, ":player_no", ":killer_agent_no"),
         (eq, ":player_no", -1), #if killer agent is a bot
         (eq, "$g_multiplayer_is_game_type_captain", 1),

(agent_get_group, ":agent_group", ":killer_agent_no"),
         (player_is_active, ":agent_group"),

(player_get_gold, ":player_gold", ":agent_group"),
         (try_begin),
           (eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_captain_coop),
           (store_mul, ":share_of_killer_agent", "$g_multiplayer_ccoop_wave_no", 20),
           (val_sub, ":share_of_killer_agent", 20),
           (val_add, ":share_of_killer_agent", multi_killer_captain_coop_add),
           (val_mul, ":share_of_killer_agent", "$g_multiplayer_battle_earnings_multiplier"),
            (val_div, ":share_of_killer_agent", 100),
          (val_add, ":player_gold", ":share_of_killer_agent"),
         (else_try), #add this here
           (neg|agent_is_non_player, ":player_no", ":dead_agent_no"), #bots killing players
           (val_add, ":player_gold", multi_killer_captain_add),
         (try_end),
         (player_set_gold, ":agent_group", ":player_gold", multi_max_gold_that_can_be_stored),
       (try_end),

Somebody, thank you, but what should i do with that? Im not programmer, and dont know from which file it comes from.

And a question: if i would modify such thing on the server file would the server still be compatible with original game version?

/bump
Come on guys, help me save captain team deathmatch server from imminent death. Its frustrating to see players leaving becouse of this broken mechanic. Its just unplayable atm... broken. Cant understund how they could release such a broken stuff... especially that making it playable is just 5 minutes work for a programmer.

So many people browse these forums and noone going to help? :/

Falrinth said:
TheGrim said:
Imminent death?
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah no.

Sorry, i dont get what you are trying to say.

Two things- 1. this is a minor problem, and these are primarily gripes that a lot of people put here, and then everyone forgets about them

2. You seem to expect that we are all master coders or programmers. You can't just come here, say your problem, then say, "Oh, there are so many people on the forums, so why aren't they busy solving my minor problems?"

We are not your slaves. Ask a developer, see if that works.

lol a "minor problem"? :grin: I guess if you would be missing king in chess you would say its aminor problem cause its just 1 piece. Bots being gold transfer to enemy team is a problem that is game breaking, becouse they negate the purpose of competition in captain mode, especially with people that gonna run around solo in best armors pwning bots, spawning none, and being rewarded for it - defying the very purpose of captain gameplay. If you cant see how it is game breaking then i congratulate you your intelligence. I had to abandon my paid server becouse this game mode is broken.

And what is with your need of telling me that you are not my slave and you are not going to help me becouse of that? Im not looking for slaves, im looking for advice/help. If you cant help, spare me your trolling please.

Back
Top Bottom