In Progress Captain Perk doesn't affect captain himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Helerek

Recruit
Summary: Captain perk doesn't affect captain himself. Tested it with archery perks.
How to Reproduce: Get captain perks on main character (first perk of bow), it should increase bow dmg by 5%. It doesn't. When you get companion with same perk and make him captain of your squad then you get the 5%.
Have you used cheats and if so which: Yes, plenty cheat commands for skills/lvls/companions creation etc.
Media (Screenshots & Video): I can provide some data if I get confirmation that it is a bug and not a desired feature.

Hey, i have forwarded the issue to the QA team for further investigation and will update the thread according to their response. Thank you for reporting it in.

But but.. are you sure this isnt working as intended?
Meaning are you actually the captain and not the partyleader ? in your test I mean.

Meaning if you are part of an army and lead say the archers then you are the "captain" and not the partyleader.
Typically this role will be if you alone in the party not filled by you, but say companions who lead their own division, archers, infantry, cavalry etc.

Thats atleast how I "understand the roles" of the party.
So basically reading from your example - you prove that my understanding seem to be correct.

So try to be part of a big army and get to lead a specific divison aka be the captain and see if the bonus apply :wink:

Alot of the features/mechanics of this game could be better explained imo(but its not out of Early Acess so there is still time)

But but.. are you sure this isnt working as intended?
Meaning are you actually the captain and not the partyleader ? in your test I mean.

Meaning if you are part of an army and lead say the archers then you are the "captain" and not the partyleader.
Typically this role will be if you alone in the party not filled by you, but say companions who lead their own division, archers, infantry, cavalry etc.

Thats atleast how I "understand the roles" of the party.
So basically reading from your example - you prove that my understanding seem to be correct.

So try to be part of a big army and get to lead a specific divison aka be the captain and see if the bonus apply :wink:

Alot of the features/mechanics of this game could be better explained imo(but its not out of Early Acess so there is still time)
I know how that works.
unknown.png

In the pic above you can see damage done = > damage from perkS =>>> % increase. After giving my captain to myself (with same perks as companion) I received only 8% dmg increased (from bow perk increasing my dmg). After passing captain to companion with first perk of bow (5% from first perk + 30 archery ~ 3% dmg increase). T3+ units also doesn't affect our character at 6 or 24+ lvl. No idea if this is intended.

I know how that works.
unknown.png

In the pic above you can see damage done = > damage from perkS =>>> % increase. After giving my captain to myself (with same perks as companion) I received only 8% dmg increased (from bow perk increasing my dmg). After passing captain to companion with first perk of bow (5% from first perk + 30 archery ~ 3% dmg increase). T3+ units also doesn't affect our character at 6 or 24+ lvl. No idea if this is intended.

Kudos, and then it do seem like you've found something.

From what I remember, captains do NOT receive bonuses. When i talked to the devs, they give bonuses to people in their formation but do not get them themselves. I did a video about this a couple months ago and this seems to be intended. It was confusing as they promised to explain the system then went months without an explanation big shocker!!!!!! So from what I heard its intended

From what I remember, captains do NOT receive bonuses. When i talked to the devs, they give bonuses to people in their formation but do not get them themselves. I did a video about this a couple months ago and this seems to be intended. It was confusing as they promised to explain the system then went months without an explanation big shocker!!!!!! So from what I heard its intended
It's terrible design tbh. We are geting punished for trying to fill a captain role, by taking away bonuses from us. First perk in archery itself provides us with whopping 5% dmg bonus. Anyway will see what they reply. I believe that captains should benefit from their own skill when they are in proper formation (archers captain benefits from archer captain perks).

Back
Top Bottom