Captain Mode urgently needs 1 on 1 Server

Users who are viewing this thread

KING GAINER

Recruit
Many people are complaining about how multiplayer either dead or dying, that it needs to be shut down, that the captain mode is broken, etc.

Captain mode is most definitely broken, though it can still be enjoyable even in pub games. There are many problems, the biggest one being lack of balance and economy.

Some units are overpowered and have no counter,(Lancer, Knight, Spearmen etc) as the results the best strategy in competitive games is to spam that unit, and faction.

It's also often more efficient to play the game as skrimish with extra lives and kill most enemy bots by yourself.
As a result we have very predictable competitive games that are equally boring to play and to watch.

Public server games have their own issues, there lack of communication and understanding of game mechanics results in most players doing their own thing. Actually at this point, pub games can be a lot more fun than competitive, as players actually use all classes and try tactics outside of established meta.
Please don't add the voice chat, it's only going to make it worse. You gotta put in some kind of ping system instead for communication.

Anyway, that was all just an Intro. My advice is to introduce 1 on 1 captain mode, where each players controls 6 or more or less or whatever units. This will result in a more fun gameplay where you don't have to rely on mentally underdeveloped teammates, experiment with strategies and unit choice, do whatever you want really. Ramboing will also be discouraged as you need to pay more attention when controlling units of different classes. You can still spam shock troops and f1f3, but it will be a lot easier for enemy to counter this with archers, as there is only one captain on the field to deal with.

I also understand that developers are busy, so this will likely fall unto modders to implement.

That's all.

Suggested before, taleworlds happily ignored good alternatives to captain mode. It's their way, no other.

Only the community will be able to make this 1v1 happen, which honestly sounds x8 more interesting then captain mode.

Sounds like a boring waste of time (just like actual captain mode) that'll never happen anyway

What would be kinda fun to see is 1v1 lobbies where each player commands a singleplayer sized army with different units on an open field.

When you think "Mount and Blade Multiplayer" the first thing you would think of is a 1v1 battle mode with troops, like the campaign. I guess taleworlds prefers watered down javelin / cav simulator.

When you think "Mount and Blade Multiplayer" the first thing you would think of is a 1v1 battle mode with troops, like the campaign. I guess taleworlds prefers watered down javelin / cav simulator.
Mount and blade singleplayer and mount and blade multiplayer are very distinct on their own.

A MP with only 1v1 is absolutely boring.

And how many people from that sort of game mode would maybe be enticed to fight other players in another game mode?

You need a game mode like this to bridge the gap between singleplayer and multiplayer, boggles the mind they haven't done that.

And how many people from that sort of game mode would maybe be enticed to fight other players in another game mode?

You need a game mode like this to bridge the gap between singleplayer and multiplayer, boggles the mind they haven't done that.
Absolutely.

I've been holding that same speech since the first moment we could test the mode back in the summer of 2019 and later in a thread last summer. I honestly don't see 1vs1 as fun at all or that it's what's "urgently needed", moreover... the bare minimun for me would be a 3vs3 (Infantry-Cavalry-Ranged) as I understand the mode (cooperation between players to achieve victory).

However CM needs to grow in size... more open maps to get large scale combat, more player capacity per server, more bots/agents per squad, bring siege mode to CM so it feels like you're playing a medieval Michael funking Bay movie. Taleworlds in CM needs to expand the tools with which the player decides what best strategy to follow (focus fire, switch weapon command, etc...).

All this has been talked about since the beginning... and the mode as of today is an uninteresting bluff to play inmho.

Bannerlord Captain mode should be able to look all of its direct competitors (Conquero's Blade and so on) in the eye and say -I'm the captain now...

giphy.gif

while pissing in their mouths one by one. Taleworlds can pull it off, I'm pretty convinced of that; the question is - do they intend to?

Anyway, that was all just an Intro. My advice is to introduce 1 on 1 captain mode, where each players controls 6 or more or less or whatever units. This will result in a more fun gameplay where you don't have to rely on mentally underdeveloped teammates, experiment with strategies and unit choice, do whatever you want really. Ramboing will also be discouraged as you need to pay more attention when controlling units of different classes. You can still spam shock troops and f1f3, but it will be a lot easier for enemy to counter this with archers, as there is only one captain on the field to deal with.
Interesting Idea, This would exactly happen the same way if for example there was a
BannerlordSingleplayer coop element, if you faced an enemy player with similar amount of troops as you, you would have to face him as you would an Enemy A.I lord, try to use terrain advantage, unit placement, flanking manoeuvres ...etc etc
You would have to be fast on your unit commands, and it would't be about player individual skill but about game mechanic knowledge, knowing how the troops work, what formations should you use in certain situations...
This 1v1 captain would be very interesting...

Back
Top Bottom