Need More Info Captain Mode servers are disconnecting players from games

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
@MArdA TaleWorlds While using even the regular matchmaking system for captain mode, the servers will reliably and inevitably disconnect players from ongoing matches. Clans [SkBr] and [APE] played a few organized matches earlier today using matchmaking and in nearly all of the 5-6 games played at least one of the players was disconnected from the server. I am hoping we can get this issue investigated and potentially resolved soon before we enter the competitive season as this will surely hinder players enjoyment of these matches. Perhaps @azakhi could provide some insight on this issue as well? I also encourage players to leave more information about their particular disconnects while during these matches in the comments.

Last edited:
While playing stacked, even on normal Captains Mode stack, many got disconnected frequently and it is worse than 6 months ago.
2 x stacked teams got frequently someone disconnected while loading into the game or just a few moments in warmup phase.
Also servers crashes on 1/10 games.

We are investigating the server crashes. But we were not able to reproduce any crashes on matchmaking servers ourselves (especially the issue with leaving the games). Forwarding this to the developers. Thanks for reporting!

@Ling*
Can you send me the contents of this file after reproducing this?
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\rgl_log_xxxxx.txt
ProgramData is a hidden folder.
I believe I may have gotten this disconnect. I reckon it happened around 10:10 AM for me and I found the file you mentioned, but I've no idea how you'd want me to share it with you as I literally just created this account and don't know how to upload a txt file if that's even possible. If it's not, I'd be happy to send it to you in some other way.

For what it's worth, my clan runs Captain groups every day pretty much. Over the past month or so the amount of server crashes has made it almost unplayable. Some nights it seems like only 1 in 3 matches will complete without us all crashing out.

I'm surprised if you guys at TW aren't all over this to be honest, it is happening so frequently I assumed you would see this from the server logs and be dealing with it already. Do you not get flagged when servers crash?

It's worth noting that due to those crashes there is many cases with corrupted game files (Steam Verification helps) and install.bat for BattleEye (less frequent), as a result game can crash on loading map (frequent) or while loading (frequent).
While TW have not full server logs at hand may be due to relying on external server company who reboots them automatically or got staff to do so, cheaper and doesn't require as much focus, but doesn't help in Debug either.

Anyway, there is so much accommodated issues that I just cracked on chat going way too far, but issues aren't resolved with game for 6 months.
Thank you for the balances though and trying on it, but technical issues are those on main priorities usually in EA.
We will hear that Solo is priority, cause more players plays it instead of CM, but to be honest many just left the game due to issues.
While playing Captains League, we try or even force players, convincing them to join back to the game, but when they see all those issues again, most of best and most engaged players just quit from playing it, waiting for bug free Full Release.
Player base is lower, while the CM is very unique to this game only. A loop.

Crashes are not on user side 100% as it is so frequent and recently getting much worse than before ...

We are still investigating this issue. The logs from the users sadly can't show anything. We are still working towards the logs we receive from the servers. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom