Captain mode and classes.

Which system would you like most?

• Preset classes for both captain and bots (Bannerlord)

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Selectable items for player and preset classes for bots (Warband Native)

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Selectable items for player that get copied to bots (Warband Native - Captain Battle server)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Full customisation of gear and character stats allowing for any build

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, I've stumbled several times on opinion that the class system can potentially work well only in Captian mode. Personally I think being able to create your own units that counter specific enemy setups would be much more fun. What do you think?

Too complicated. We need to be able to have a quick grasps at the power of the unit of bots in front of us. Too many customization and we'll get confused weither its a Heavy inf or Mid Inf from far away. Classes make it balanced in a way you know exactly what might happen when you send your 20 units into ennemy's 20 units. It should stay that way. Right now what Captain need is a massive balancing (ONLY APPLIED TO CAPTAIN MODE FOR CHRIST SAKE. You cant balance all modes the same way, i dont know how many times we have to repeat this).

Full customization, with presets for new players to choose from so they aren't overwhelmed. (Considering captain mode is where most new players are gonna dip their foot into MP).

Full customization, with presets for new players to choose from so they aren't overwhelmed. (Considering captain mode is where most new players are gonna dip their foot into MP).

This will just make experienced players have an even bigger upperhand, also it will simply end with a meta anyway with everyone who pick heavy infantary/archers/Cavalry choose three different loadouts since the other ones are not viable options for most effectiveness.

I might be wrong tho but that's usually how it ends with competitive games.

I think that adding one more class and one more perk to each class/faction would be enough.

I do think presets work fine here.

This will just make experienced players have an even bigger upperhand, also it will simply end with a meta anyway with everyone who pick heavy infantary/archers/Cavalry choose three different loadouts since the other ones are not viable options for most effectiveness.

I might be wrong tho but that's usually how it ends with competitive games.

I think that adding one more class and one more perk to each class/faction would be enough.
This is the exact issue the class system has now...

In warband you were limited to the amount of gold you had. You couldn't make your meta class if you didn't have enough gold.

In bannerlord if you have enough gold, you can easily to a meta setup since there is no additional cost to the class except the initial buy price.

I do think presets work fine here.

This is the exact issue the class system has now...

In warband you were limited to the amount of gold you had. You couldn't make your meta class if you didn't have enough gold.

In bannerlord if you have enough gold, you can easily to a meta setup since there is no additional cost to the class except the initial buy price.

Yeah, the gold system wasn't to bad. For my part it could return in some form, aslong as I dont have to see a bunch of naked people running around :grin:

We could also try to work with the class system like Yukmouth++ suggested. If Taleworlds refuse to change it I guess that's our only option anyway.

Too complicated. We need to be able to have a quick grasps at the power of the unit of bots in front of us. Too many customization and we'll get confused weither its a Heavy inf or Mid Inf from far away. Classes make it balanced in a way you know exactly what might happen when you send your 20 units into ennemy's 20 units. It should stay that way. Right now what Captain need is a massive balancing (ONLY APPLIED TO CAPTAIN MODE FOR CHRIST SAKE. You cant balance all modes the same way, i dont know how many times we have to repeat this).

I don't really agree with that. If the core balance is consistent assessing strength of enemy squad shouldn't be that difficult. If, for example all axes were good vs shields, all hammers good vs heavy armor etc., it would boil down to knowing these relations and trying to get better at estimating according to them.

I would argue that choosing targets in Captain Mode is in general much easier than in other modes since the player is most of the time facing big blobs of same thing rather than mixture of different classes like it is in TDM or Siege.

Then again, I have this feeling that the fact TW is so set on preset classes is precisely for the reason you give: readability. I guess trying to make the game esports compliant is naturally in opposition of making the game immersive and deep.

I don't really agree with that. If the core balance is consistent assessing strength of enemy squad shouldn't be that difficult. If, for example all axes were good vs shields, all hammers good vs heavy armor etc., it would boil down to knowing these relations and trying to get better at estimating according to them.

I would argue that choosing targets in Captain Mode is in general much easier than in other modes since the player is most of the time facing big blobs of same thing rather than mixture of different classes like it is in TDM or Siege.

Then again, I have this feeling that the fact TW is so set on preset classes is precisely for the reason you give: readability. I guess trying to make the game esports compliant is naturally in opposition of making the game immersive and deep.
I think we can all agree that Taleworld's horse is dead when it comes to e-sport. The game is a s***-show and the hype died. All they can do now is try to please the veteran and loyal remaining playerbase such as myself. When you go to a restaurant and they make you eat a big fat disgusting smelly turd, you will not go back to that restaurant even if they tell you "its better now, please come back"

Yeah, the gold system wasn't to bad. For my part it could return in some form, aslong as I dont have to see a bunch of naked people running around :grin:

We could also try to work with the class system like Yukmouth++ suggested. If Taleworlds refuse to change it I guess that's our only option anyway.

Naked people will still be around. If warband popular servers transit to Bannerlord (which is highly likely), it wouldn't surprise me if they modded their server to allow it.

Naked people are part of mount and blade multiplayer, like it or not.

Naked people will still be around. If warband popular servers transit to Bannerlord (which is highly likely), it wouldn't surprise me if they modded their server to allow it.

Naked people are part of mount and blade multiplayer, like it or not.

Yes it is part of the casual M&b modded experience and thats fine but not the competitive side.

Back
Top Bottom