Captain is still dead in every region. DO SOMETHING

Users who are viewing this thread

cuthbert5

Recruit
What is going on??? Go back to a version with WORKING MULTIPLAYER. Is this game EVER going to be released? Do you not care about your existing players???

The existing players that played captain every day just stopped playing for the past 2 weeks,
I was in 2 steam chats for captain players, they would play together in almost every day, of this 2 steam chats with over 200 people , there were 2 or 3 people playing the game, and they are playing siege, not captain... This update killed captain.

What do you expect. Taleworlds forces you to play alone and people leave in warm-up and cancel the game. Also random server crashes in the middle of the game. 4 weeks almost and no fix.

Last edited:
Okay thanks for the information guys, because I've been under the impression that multiplayer was just completely broken. I couldn't find matches in any game mode, when the infamous 1.7.2 update dropped. And like you said weeks later I am still totally unable to find a Captain game. Sounds like server crashes and bad threshold for players to start match are compounding problems.

I'll keep trying to queue in the evenings but this seems hopeless...I hope the devs have a plan up their sleeve to revive the best game mode.

Okay thanks for the information guys, because I've been under the impression that multiplayer was just completely broken. I couldn't find matches in any game mode, when the infamous 1.7.2 update dropped. And like you said weeks later I am still totally unable to find a Captain game. Sounds like server crashes and bad threshold for players to start match are compounding problems.

I'll keep trying to queue in the evenings but this seems hopeless...I hope the devs have a plan up their sleeve to revive the best game mode.
DR4v4 captain custom servers are your best bet at the moment. Bigger troop counts best of 11 wins and 2 new maps, total of 3 EU servers up at most times

You guys don't get it, since TW can't give South America servers they won't let anyone play to balance it

I don't play captain or skirmish just TDM and Siege. but I don't want the few people left to abandon the game.

DEVS should stop doing everything in SP Campaign and Start fixing Multiplayer modes ASAP.

and if MP isn't their specialty then let go a few weeks the SP personnel and hire MP personnel d a m n i t

Also, are you guys doing your part to keep the game alive? apart from just playing it and whine about it? I mean promoting BL2 with friends and family, lending or buying an extra copy or two?

I don't play captain or skirmish just TDM and Siege. but I don't want the few people left to abandon the game.

DEVS should stop doing everything in SP Campaign and Start fixing Multiplayer modes ASAP.

and if MP isn't their specialty then let go a few weeks the SP personnel and hire MP personnel d a m n i t

Also, are you guys doing your part to keep the game alive? apart from just playing it and whine about it? I mean promoting BL2 with friends and family, lending or buying an extra copy or two?
Hard to promote this with the state its in..

It's just an embarrassment at this point that Taleworlds can't even run stable servers or fix the constant crashes or at least GIVE US AN ESTIMATE as to when they will be fixed. How is it possible that Battle mode still hard crashes at the end of every single match unless you leave the server beforehand? We are spending more time re-launching the game than playing it.

Even forgiving the many design mistakes that have been made over the last 2-3 years, the bare minimum for any multiplayer game is to have stable servers to play on. It simply isn't enough to keep telling communities which are trying to establish themselves in this game "we are working on it" when fixes and updates can at times take months. I think everyone would have been at least somewhat forgiving if this happened shortly after EA release, but we are over 2 YEARS IN.

@MArdA TaleWorlds @Dejan @Callum Maybe it isn't under your control, but you desperately need to invest more resources & employees towards multiplayer, or please just start to communicate and be honest with us.

I don't know if you have simply decided the multiplayer community is too toxic to bother with, but there are a huge number of people who were loyal to your previous game and were ready to work with you to create a long-lasting and enjoyable multiplayer experience. Yes, you don't like to be hasty announcing when things will be done, but we were promised communication. We were told at the start of EA that you would work closely with your community. We didn't get this.

I think we are way past the point where you should be afraid of disappointing us with failing to meet targets/goals. The only way forward is to actually start properly communicating and engaging with us and rebuild a multiplayer community that was once great.

It's just an embarrassment at this point that Taleworlds can't even run stable servers or fix the constant crashes or at least GIVE US AN ESTIMATE as to when they will be fixed. How is it possible that Battle mode still hard crashes at the end of every single match unless you leave the server beforehand? We are spending more time re-launching the game than playing it.

Even forgiving the many design mistakes that have been made over the last 2-3 years, the bare minimum for any multiplayer game is to have stable servers to play on. It simply isn't enough to keep telling communities which are trying to establish themselves in this game "we are working on it" when fixes and updates can at times take months. I think everyone would have been at least somewhat forgiving if this happened shortly after EA release, but we are over 2 YEARS IN.

@MArdA TaleWorlds @Dejan @Callum Maybe it isn't under your control, but you desperately need to invest more resources & employees towards multiplayer, or please just start to communicate and be honest with us.

I don't know if you have simply decided the multiplayer community is too toxic to bother with, but there are a huge number of people who were loyal to your previous game and were ready to work with you to create a long-lasting and enjoyable multiplayer experience. Yes, you don't like to be hasty announcing when things will be done, but we were promised communication. We were told at the start of EA that you would work closely with your community. We didn't get this.

I think we are way past the point where you should be afraid of disappointing us with failing to meet targets/goals. The only way forward is to actually start properly communicating and engaging with us and rebuild a multiplayer community that was once great.
Agreed. There are hundreds and maybe even thousands of players just waiting for the game to be more stable and/or for custom servers. Even now, when the game is arguably at its lower point since release, there are several hundred players that log in most days, only to log out after getting fed up with the crashes and performance issues.

Same, I use to play everyday but it's just unplayable right now. Between the constant server crash, the player base which is non existent and the useless ranking...

Back
Top Bottom