Capital of the Calradic Empire

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it's "Saneopa" because former Emperor Drosios Neretzes ruled in there. Argoron, Lycaron and Zeonica are the other options because other claimants rule there. Any opinions on this?

But Baravenos or Pravend doesn't consist any Imperial structures or artifacts.
After hundreds of years under different culture? no place is, it's rare the original structure been intact

In a world only few places still has Roman old structures, Italy has more because was the homeland of the Empire, but after generations the old conquerors were forgotten and their legacy only memories or in society (laws for example) afew place had the same architeture but eventually also got changed to suit the other culture

A good example of this is Braga in Portugal, Neuss in Germany, Salzburg, etc

I think it's "Saneopa" because former Emperor Drosios Neretzes ruled in there. Argoron, Lycaron and Zeonica are the other options because other claimants rule there. Any opinions on this?
I think the same. Also Saneopa is in a somewhat central position and sort of surrounded by the other imperial cities. When zooming out to the furthers level this becomes clear.

But the original capital lies somewhere in Vlandian territory.

After hundreds of years under different culture? no place is, it's rare the original structure been intact

In a world only few places still has Roman old structures, Italy has more because was the homeland of the Empire, but after generations the old conquerors were forgotten and their legacy only memories or in society (laws for example) afew place had the same architeture but eventually also got changed to suit the other culture
It would be cool it if had a more sort of 10th century Rome look to it though, as the supposed ancient capital of the imperials. Unless the city was completely demolished.

It would be cool it if had a more sort of 10th century Rome look to it though, as the supposed ancient capital of the imperials. Unless the city was completely demolished.

Yes, but I believe is more like the "old city" (imperial architeture) and the "new city" (vlandia architeture), just like in Constantinople/Istambul, you can clearly see where the Romans began and where the Turks changed to their taste, culture and religion.. One place I'd love to see before I die is the Hagia Sophia.. I never managed get that close to see it, only 5 hours of trip in Istambul.....:xf-cry::xf-cry:

But, to your topic, yes it would be cool to see the "Old City", even if it's only a neighbourhood of Pravend now unless the whole cities was razed and Pravend built on top of it

But Baravenos or Pravend doesn't consist any Imperial structures or artifacts.

In case you have interest in what i'm talking about when comes to architeture, even today somethings is still a mystery of People so well documented to their time

Well then, what was the next capital after Baravenos' fall to the Vlandians.
Seems as though it was just wherever the emperor and his court resided and there was no equivalent to Rome or Constantinople.

" The capital moved from place to place, and the assembly of the people was called wherever the emperor desired. In practice, this was usually an army camp where his veterans could be relied upon to shout down any opposition. "

Seems as though it was just wherever the emperor and his court resided and there was no equivalent to Rome or Constantinople.

" The capital moved from place to place, and the assembly of the people was called wherever the emperor desired. In practice, this was usually an army camp where his veterans could be relied upon to shout down any opposition. "
Kinda like the Holy Roman Empire no? the capital was where the emperor was currently residing and he moved his court all the time, it had nothing to do with his personal demesne.

This makes sense, thank you. It seems like Calradic Empire had no supreme capital.

I think it's "Saneopa" because former Emperor Drosios Neretzes ruled in there.

Yes but Arenicos ruled from Lycaron, and it is there where he went after the battle of Pendraic and where he was declared emperor before Penton had the opportunity to contest it. And some companions mention the city being looted or going into chaos.

A follow-up question I have is: where is the Senate located?

Yes but Arenicos ruled from Lycaron, and it is there where he went after the battle of Pendraic and where he was declared emperor before Penton had the opportunity to contest it. And some companions mention the city being looted or going into chaos.

A follow-up question I have is: where is the Senate located?

I believe all Imperial towns, must have temples or at least one Curia/Senate house..

But there isn't an official Capital anymore... The capitals is where the reining Emperor lives, so is the Official Senate House

When the reigning Emperor dies, an Interregnum happens, someone is Elected an Acting Emperor, until the votes occurs and I believe they go to the neareast Imperial town for a Senate Session

Last edited:

This is what happened during the late principate and early dominate as well. Constantinople was built because emperors were holding courts in military camps for the past century and a half.

So, capitals would end up depending on what the primary source of legitimacy for the empire was and how readily the leadership recognized this. Capitals not being really fixed is emblamatic of a system where the primary source of legitimacy is from the military. You would have to be foolish to not travel with the army and make them happy, cause they'd just pick a new leader (Or in the case with rome, they'd kill you anyways cause every new emperor gifts the army that acclaims him. It becomes very dangerous to use bribes to secure leadership).

Back
Top Bottom