Can't wait for a better matching system

Do you agree with this proposal?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I had a very bad gaming experience today when I was playing the caption mod. I've attached a picture below, apparently, my team was fighting a group of 6 who play together in discord. It was a terrible experience and I saw more than 6 players get in and out of the game.

It is nearly impossible to win and the experience was extremely terrible for me and the other players, imaging that you were fighting 6 men alone, and the rest of your teammate can't even cooperate with you well in that short amount of time. So here, I come up with a solution and welcome to share your ideas.

Solution: group must fight with group.
for example, if you have a group of 6, you may fight with a group of 6 or 2 + 4 or 3+3 ... etc. and It will never mess other players!

yeah, we may have not enough players atm, but if they keep doing that, I believe more players will quit the game.

thanks for looking.

PIC:
https://ibb.co/GdPs6nm

The current matchmaking has 6 man stacks search for other 6 man stacks. Then if no game is found after 3 minutes they are put against random teams.

This can also be gamed by taking 5 men instead, I would know, I'm doing it for my free wins.

It's not fair, you are totally correct. But I would not see it removed and have us forced to play alone until a proper matchmaking comes into play. I hate being shot in the back by friendly archers who can't play, or being the last guy alive vs 6 because my team lemming'd into the enemy mindlessly. Hence I take some buddies.

What's really bad about matchmaking is the number of times I get on, not in a stack (I usually stack) and the randoms it pairs me with are all in the +250 win catergory (they're not stacking either, just like me) and the randoms on the other side are all in the EA badge, 20 win catergory. It seems like BL purposefully stacks teams to lose even when it's completely random. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to do a quick tally and divide it so team A gets a +250, then team B gets a +250 and so on.

Sometimes these players who are running into "stacks" aren't running into stacks at all. They're running into the most horrid matchmaking system I've ever witnessed.

Last edited:
What's really bad about matchmaking is the number of times I get on, not in a stack (I usually stack) and the randoms it pairs me with are all in the +250 win catergory (they're not stacking either, just like me) and the randoms on the other side are all in the EA badge, 20 win catergory. It seems like BL purposefully stacks teams to lose even when it's completely random. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to do a quick tally and divide it so team A gets a +250, then team B gets a +250 and so on.

Several times now, I've queued with the DM guys as two seperate 3 man parties, in an effort to make a balanced match should we match against each other. Several ****ing times, it's put us in the same team, with NO stacks in the other team. This to me is an absolute priority that it should match two 3 man parties against each other rather than with each other, same with 2, 4 and 5 man etc.

At this point I don't bother any more, and no offence to the **** players but I'm just sick and tired of trying to fight in melee with a good player or two and getting a random arrow in the back that gets me killed, or a friendly cavalry coming to "help" and stabbing me for the teamkill. I'd rather just have 5 dependable players on my team who can back me up without killing me. Sorry to the newbies we stomp on the way but it is what it is.

Lol this made me chuckle, yeah its definitely not cool to get matched against people outside of your skill level but unfortunately its the system we have. You are more than welcome to join us in discord btw, we play captains mode exclusively and we play with players of all skill levels to encourage communication and coordination to make it a more competitive mode. If you get tired of playing in mindless pub games send me a dm ill invite you.

I can tell you that playing in a six stack greatly improves the overall game experience and I heavily encourage everyone to join or form a clan for themselves.
We (clans) also would prefer to face other clans instead of poor randoms (and we often organize such a matches) but it is not always possible. What are we supposed to do in case of no clan match available? Stop playing?

I can tell you that playing in a six stack greatly improves the overall game experience and I heavily encourage everyone to join or form a clan for themselves.
We (clans) also would prefer to face other clans instead of poor randoms (and we often organize such a matches) but it is not always possible. What are we supposed to do in case of no clan match available? Stop playing?
I've been told that. "Stop playing until the introduced MMR!!"
Even when I was alone. And especially this sucks a lot, if players attack you for simply wearing a tag and/or being better than them.

Sorry I have 5k hrs of Warband and now 350 hrs of Bannerlord. ?
Pickup groups in a discord could be a solution btw, if some strong players take a long weaker players to distribute them more fairly among the crowd. Would need a lot of organization and the willingness of public players to join a long. Would server both sides.

No offence man but what does your vid actually have to do with the reality of MP.
Pretty sure the Siege and probably the desert fight are from SP.
+1
the trailer doesn't look bad, but it got nothing to do with the actual gameplay.

edit: also, your league format doesn't address the point made in the statement you quoted the least. Cause leagues and pickup parties are 2 whole different things

+1
the trailer doesn't look bad, but it got nothing to do with the actual gameplay.

edit: also, your league format doesn't address the point made in the statement you quoted the least. Cause leagues and pickup parties are 2 whole different things

Yeah the lady we paid to make the video wasn't exactly informed about what modes to use , currently the vids a placeholder till we can put some captains mode footage up there. Captains league isn't just a competitive league, its also a place for pickup matches and casual captains mode matchmaking. Basically anything to do with captains mode, its a dedicated discord specifically for that. The people in the picture posted are members of the discord, and were just playing casual matches, we invite pubs all the time.

And cash prices?
Even if it is just a couple of bucks, shouldn't there be a community first?
Whatever. Whoever enjoys that, more power to you.

Our community has 160 members and is still constantly growing every day as we bring more captains mode players in, the cash prizes are sponsored by us because we want people to have something to look forward to competing for. We are just a collection of captains mode players that want to see captains mode evolve into a bigger esport, and we aren't going to sit around complaining or waiting for tale worlds to do this for us. We welcome you guys to come join us for some games, we are hosting our first tournament tomorrow and will have some streams going so people can spectate.

Last edited:
Sorry for necro on this thread.
Actually those who complains about going into such a stack of players don`t realise why it happens.
Captain mode is about teamplay, units composition, some strategy and tactics.
When someone who played plenty of similar games in the past, go into this mode with a team of new players, he will find plenty of trolls, guys doing their own solo play, not listening to proposals od advices and even will insult and do the opposite.
That`s when frustration kicks in and more experienced players prefers to choose serious players together to play some nice matches.
If both teams were serious most of the time there would be no need to stack up.
Most of bigger clans were made on purpose of competition against each other, but there is plenty of clans open to new players and even non-clan groups to join, communicate ingame via Discord, giving advices and teaching the game techniques to win. Instead of complaining you should try this as this is a serious gamechanger. I went into a clan because I was sick of playing just to be angry and leave such a good game.
I`m old date player and I always followed someone more experienced advices to progress as well, not only in game.

Back
Top Bottom