SP Can't unlock the gun/bullets for CKO

Users who are viewing this thread

MCKOY

Recruit
I have a CKO created and I used a cheat to start the Order Grandmaster quest. I've already completed that so I have my CKO setup and running at the Order Stronghold. I have my firearms skilled high enough to where I talked to one of my knights and they gave me the notification that we received guns from barclay. I thought this was supposed to unlock guns for the CKO equipment? I've also tried going to the armorer in the Order Stronghold and talking to him but he doesn't say anything about it. Is there some step I've missed?

Get ready to rename it to Order of Those who miss a Lot. I feel like it's more of a roleplay thing, not really an effective option compared to either the best crossbows, or the best bows. Every time I fight against Barclay, I'm less than impressed of their rifles.

On the contrary, I have found them highly effective if trained properly, and used as majority force in your army. They can engage at extremely long range, and while they fire slowly, the shots are powerful and if you get a firing line of 50-100 gunners, they can wipe out most of the enemy wave before it reaches them. And with their ammo supply, they can do that again and again throughout whole battle, while archers and even crossbowmen run out of ammo.

Yeah, but what's trained properly, like 500 firearms? It's much easier to get mattenheim crossbows, and 500 in crossbows thanks to companions that already have the points and just train guys to do the same thing. They are not effective, it's hard to train them (again, good luck getting Donnovan or whoever has 300 in rifles much higher without bundles of Qualis Gems) and I just wasn't impressed by the rifles, they are not on the same level as the best crossbow. Sure, they are deadly, but if they miss all the time, what are they good for?

Back
Top Bottom