Can't start with Crossbows- WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Corvidae

Recruit
I'm playing the beta branch which has crossbows that you can use as low as level 20, but no lower. Ok, so maybe I'll make a character that starts with as many points in crossbow as possible which is... 10. God dammit!

I just got a light crossbow (which doesnt require any points in crossbow) from a caravan raid, so they are there somewhere just so hard to find...

If you go with one of the three Urban origins with some (maybe all) factions you can get the 20 points.

@Fragondard
I took your advice and started as Vlandian. Apparently they can start as high as 30 X-bow. Then I spend 30 minutes running around to find one (didn't start with one, even though it is my main combat skill). The only ones I saw cost $10k. I swear, the devs are sadists.

Yes, just went through it. You could start with 3 in xbow. The 4th choice determines your starting weap and even though Garrison gives a point in xbow, it starts with a bow.

I found a 20 skill xbow for 1100 denar just starting out but I haven't seen another in many days.

Also did a clean start today with beta 1.1.0 and have seen Xbox w/ 20 (arbalest) skill requirement in about 1/3 of the Vladian towns selling for ~2300. This was with 0 trading skill.
I wonder if the empire has any as well? I mostly b-lined to Vlandia.

On a previous play I did also loot a light Xbox but that was from killing northern empire xbows

Back
Top Bottom