Cant start the patch

Users who are viewing this thread

I bought itonline from Taleworlds, Mount&Blade and Vikings. I had no trouble with the M&B patch, but when i downloaded the Vikings patch from Taleworlds it asks me for my key but when I write it it tells me denied. I don´t know what to do.

fortinegro said:
it asks me for my key but when I write it it tells me denied

make sure you are using the DLC key (not the same as Warband key). If you still have issues you should contact TW support (this forum is for the DLC, created by a third-party company, not TW, and they are not the ones that control the keys, TW is).

to be crystal clear: you need to buy two (2) products, Warband is one, VC DLC is the other. Each has its own serial key. You also need to download both (2 downloads), and install them in order (Warband first, VC after it).

They gave me one key and it worked for activating version 1.0
When I downloaded the patch it asked me for a key but mine didnt work.
I wrote to Taleworlds support and didn´t answer. I wrote in twitter to them and they sent me here.
I don´t know what to do
Thanks for your answer

fortinegro said:
I don´t know what to do

1) Register both your games on the TW account/website. That will add a icon to your forum profile (see mine) that works as a proof that you own the games (and the keys are valid) -> https://www.taleworlds.com/. You need to do that for Warband AND Viking Conquest (add both games).

2) Download and update both games. Warband first, then the DLC. Use the latest version of both. Check your rlg_log.txt as it prints the game version on it
Code:
Starting new log file.
 Version:  1.173 

-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 4095MB/4096MB
-- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (GenuineIntel)
 - L2 cache size: 256K
 - CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EST HTT 
 - Number of CPUs: 4 ( Speed: ~3392MHz / ~3392MHz / ~3392MHz / ~3392MHz )

-- GPU:
 - D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvldumd.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
 - D3D9 Adapter: 1 / Driver: nvldumd.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
 - Texture Memory: 4095 ( Available Texture Memory: 4076 )

Processing Ini File {
 Module_name =  Viking_Conquest2036 
 Num Hints =  12

note that my game is VC 2.036 with Warband 1.173

3) Play the game without any cheats, tweaks, external tools (like WSE). Use the vanilla version. See if you can start Warband, then see if you can start VC.

4) As you bought the game from TW you should contact them directly if you have any issues with keys (after you finished the steps above) -> https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Home/Support

Back
Top Bottom