Need More Info Can't start the game from Steam Launcher, immediately crashes in cmapaign map

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-03-21_19.08.48_99e45cc56397a554b44337c8ae75b2d1

Acerock

Recruit
Summary: Two days ago i had a crash and reported it. I have been using the 1.5.9beta branch. I tried restarting the game, but not immediately, only after taking a break. The Steam Launcher would not come up. I tried rolling back to 1.5.8 and the Launcher still would not come up. I tried doing a fresh reinstall. I tried disabling steam cloud saves and turned off One Drive. Launcher still won't come up. The only way I can get the game to boot up is to click Bannerlord.exe but the game immediately crashes to desktop when i try to move on the campaign map. Not sure what other workarounds to try.

How to Reproduce: LAuncher won't open. Tried running the game with Bannerlord.exe, game crashes immediately upon moving on campaign map.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX3080
GPU Driver Version: 461.92
CPU: Intel i9
RAM: 32
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

The crash ID you provided is an issue that we are working towards the fix at the moment but it is a campaign specific crash.
Regarding the not launching issue, can you try to reinstall these?
Installing Missing Necessary Dependencies
These dependencies are installed through Steam with the first time installation. But we have seen reports confirm that there are some players that these dependencies were missing even though they launch the game from Steam.To installing missing necessary dependencies try downloading and running the following executables:

i justr tried rolling back to 1.5.7 and the game will boot up from the Steam Launcher now, however it's less than ideal. at least i can start a new campaign now.

@Acerock Can you navigate to the folder below and can you move the files named "steam.target" and "gdk.target" to another folder that is not related with the game and try launching again to see if the launcher comes on 1.5.8?
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native

@Acerock Can you navigate to the folder below and can you move the files named "steam.target" and "gdk.target" to another folder that is not related with the game and try launching again to see if the launcher comes on 1.5.8?
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native
This seems to have worked, however there is no Sand Box mode at the menu, not sure if this is a 1.5.9 feature or not, but i was able to start a new campaign and move on the campaign map etc.

Back
Top Bottom