Resolved Cant run bannerlord anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
So i have a weird situation here. Today in the morning I tried to play bannerlord but as soon as I launched the game I got a blue screen which said "Kernel security check failure" and after that my pc restarted. And ever since I havent been able to run bannerlord. Whenever I try to run the game, literally nothing happens. I dont even get an error screen from steam, the bannerlord icon pops up on the taskbar and after that nothing happens. Nothing happens when I run it from steam itself either. The only way I can run the game is by going to the game files to then run it as an exe, but it really sucks because I cant use mods or play multiplayer. That little menu that shows you the latest update with the mods and multiplayer option doesnt pop up anymore. And when I try to run multiplayer from the game's main menu the game crashes.

I really need help, ive been trying so many things and nothing works. Ive already verified the files, restarted my pc, and redownloaded the game. It still cant work unless its as an exe. Any help?

IF you can't launch the game, the safest bet is the clean install. But you can try to remove the mods.
Especially check this message:
Even after the new hotfix for the launcher crashing, my launcher was still crashing, after removing the files i had from "fixed launcher" everything was back to normal, it's working fine now, if u want to give a try, delete this files

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

IF you can't launch the game, the safest bet is the clean install. But you can try to remove the mods.

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

So just to clarify, if I delete both the modules and bin folder, it will work again now? I just want to double check before I do anything

Clean Install

Yeah already unistalled the app along with the files left behind and it still wont open. Ive already done it 2 times

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom