Resolved Can't play Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

So for some reason Taleworlds deleted my thread from yesterday. Here is what it contains:

"
Bannerlord Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\mscoree.dll".

I can't launch Multiplayer after restarting my PC. I installed BattleEye AntiCheat 2 hours aftrer playing Multiplayer just fine. During the installation I got a Blue Screen of Death and since then I have been getting the error shown in the link.
I tried uninstalling the game and installing it again 3 times, verifying game integrity, running it trough admin, running steam trough admin. Restarting the PC multiple times.
There is absolutely no help with regards to this topic on Google but it appears people have had issues with BattleEye since like 2016 and it still has not been fixed.
Can I get one of the 2 please:
A: Thorough technical support with step by step process on how to resolve this problem. I really want to play the Multiplayer and it is the only reason I got the game in the first place.
or
B: A full refund because the game refuses to launch (this is for the Devs if they see this)

Look forward to hearing from you
"

Why are you refusing to help me and why did you delete my thread from yesterday?

Hello,

Thanks for reporting.
First of all our forums are not moderated by TaleWorlds employees but our wonderful voluntary moderators.
As for your issue, could you check if the file blocked is signed? You can do that by finding file in given path, then Right Click -> Properties -> Digital Signatures. Also you can check troubleshooting BattlEye issues here: https://www.battleye.com/support/faq/ and also contact them.
Also can you share your windows version with us?

That means it isn't signed. Thanks. Could you check the link I have sent?

Hello,

I managed to figure out how to fix the problem. Here is what I did:

I found a fix to the problem

You can remove it by deleting all of the files here:

:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\BattlEye

And here:

:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye

And then doing

at the command prompt (run as administrator)

sc delete BEService

Verify file integrity trough Steam and then the BattleEye files will be downloaded again.

I do not install BattleEye, instead I click CANCEL every time before playing Multiplayer

This is the fix I managed to find after searching the interwebs. This was a really stressful and unpleasant experience. Take no offense at this but I cannot leave a positive feedback on Steam after the experience I had. I understand that you are not fully responsible for how BattleEye works but you chose to include it as your anticheat system and I just so happened to face the issues it had for years and years.

Thank you for trying to help me though but my file was not the issue, the issue was on the games part or rather the BattleEye part. Might be a good idea to use something more user friendly.

Hope this fix might help people who face this problem in the future, I put in a lot of research to find this so hope it helps :smile:

Hello,

I managed to figure out how to fix the problem. Here is what I did:

:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\BattlEye

And here:

And then doing

sc delete BEService

Verify file integrity trough Steam and then the BattleEye files will be downloaded again.

I do not install BattleEye, instead I click CANCEL every time before playing Multiplayer

This is the fix I managed to find after searching the interwebs. This was a really stressful and unpleasant experience. Take no offense at this but I cannot leave a positive feedback on Steam after the experience I had. I understand that you are not fully responsible for how BattleEye works but you chose to include it as your anticheat system and I just so happened to face the issues it had for years and years.

Thank you for trying to help me though but my file was not the issue, the issue was on the games part or rather the BattleEye part. Might be a good idea to use something more user friendly.

Hope this fix might help people who face this problem in the future, I put in a lot of research to find this so hope it helps :smile:

Interesting thanks for sharing. That means Battle Eye is not required to play multiplayer at this time? I wonder if this will work for Win7 users as well. (Edit: it does not.)

Last edited:
Could you mark this as Resolved with this as the fix method so that other people can see it

"
managed to figure out how to fix the problem. Here is what I did:

And here:

And then doing

sc delete BEService

"

Cheers

Battleye: 14:17:49: Failed to read initialization file.

I did everything what you wrote here.

Now the multplayer wont start at all... :sad:
Delete all files including the folder:

1. :\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye
2: :\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\BattlEye
3. Run Command Prompt (run as administrator)
4. sc delete BEService <---------- WRITE THAT IN THE COMMAND PROMPT, it should say that the process was successful or something along those lines
5. Preferably restart your computer. Then open Steam and Verify file integrity. Steam will say you have 6 files missing and then redownload them. That is when you will have a clean start.
6. DO NOT INSTALL BattleEye. Click Cancel and the Multiplayer should launch

These are the steps I took and it worked for me. Please reply with your results after you try this method.

This is not a fix because even if battle eye is not required right now, it most certainly is intended to be in the future. So not using battle eye is not going to fix your problem in the future.

This is not a fix because even if battle eye is not required right now, it most certainly is intended to be in the future. So not using battle eye is not going to fix your problem in the future.

The problem was that after installing BattleEye I had a blue screen of death and after that I couldn't play Multiplayer anymore. There is no way to play it unless you do this process. This will help you to reinstall BattleEye and if you wan install it, otherwise you would be stuck with what is shown on my screenshot, never being able to play multiplayer. Do you understand?

The problem was that after installing BattleEye I had a blue screen of death and after that I couldn't play Multiplayer anymore. There is no way to play it unless you do this process. This will help you to reinstall BattleEye and if you wan install it, otherwise you would be stuck with what is shown on my screenshot, never being able to play multiplayer. Do you understand?

I don't have this problem, I have battle eye installed with no issues. I am just saying what you have done here is only going to mean later down the line you will have to install it again.

I don't have this problem, I have battle eye installed with no issues. I am just saying what you have done here is only going to mean later down the line you will have to install it again.
I love people like this. Provide your own 2 cents without any intention to help with an issue. If reading and understanding what you read wasn't such a difficult concept for you then you wouldn't have written something so dumb. You clearly misunderstand the problem.

I love people like this. Provide your own 2 cents without any intention to help with an issue. If reading and understanding what you read wasn't such a difficult concept for you then you wouldn't have written something so dumb. You clearly misunderstand the problem.

I very clearly understand the problem. You fix problems with anti cheat by removing it entirely. Great, except anti cheat isn't an optional thing. That should be obvious.

Hence, this is not a fix. This is a temporary workaround. You're better off resolving the issue with battle eye if you want to play multiplayer, because it's more likely than not they stick with battle eye and at some point in the future you will require it to be able to play multiplayer.

I very clearly understand the problem. You fix problems with anti cheat by removing it entirely. Great, except anti cheat isn't an optional thing. That should be obvious.

Hence, this is not a fix. This is a temporary workaround. You're better off resolving the issue with battle eye if you want to play multiplayer, because it's more likely than not they stick with battle eye and at some point in the future you will require it to be able to play multiplayer.

20 minutes ago

Friendly said:

LEARN TO READ. THANK YOU! SMFH :poop:

20 minutes ago

LEARN TO READ. THANK YOU! SMFH :poop:

I will try to explain one last time, so read carefully. You keep overlooking the most simple thing - IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT YOU CAN PLAY MULTIPLAYER WITHOUT BATTLE EYE - the reason I say this is because anti cheat IS NOT OPTIONAL, THERE WILL BE A POINT WHERE YOU NEED IT TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER.

So I am telling you IF YOU DON'T CONTINUE TO TRY AND SOLVE THIS ISSUE WITH HAVING BATTLE EYE INSTALLED, YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS ALL AGAIN IN THE FUTURE ANYWAY.

Is that clear enough? I hope so.

I will try to explain one last time, so read carefully. You keep overlooking the most simple thing - IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT YOU CAN PLAY MULTIPLAYER WITHOUT BATTLE EYE - the reason I say this is because anti cheat IS NOT OPTIONAL, THERE WILL BE A POINT WHERE YOU NEED IT TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER.

So I am telling you IF YOU DON'T CONTINUE TO TRY AND SOLVE THIS ISSUE WITH HAVING BATTLE EYE INSTALLED, YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS ALL AGAIN IN THE FUTURE ANYWAY.

Is that clear enough? I hope so.

Wow you are thick AF. This helps you reinstall BattleEye. I installed it and the guy with the same issue will be able to install it as well. Are you stupid, you can't read or understand or are you just blatantly retarded? Wow dude I have never seen someone so stupid in a long time. You must be something special. This is actually amazing. You made a complete and utter fool of yourself but I guess its what your best at. LOL what a moron :ROFLMAO:

Wow you are thick AF. This helps you reinstall BattleEye. I installed it and the guy with the same issue will be able to install it as well. Are you stupid, you can't read or understand or are you just blatantly retarded? Wow dude I have never seen someone so stupid in a long time. You must be something special. This is actually amazing. You made a complete and utter fool of yourself but I guess its what your best at. LOL what a moron :ROFLMAO:

Oh... for some reason this whole time it was reading to me like you did all this and chose not to reinstall it. Guess I am thick haha.

In fairness to me most of your posts don't indicate you install battle eye at all from what I can tell reading them back... just your last one.

Oh... for some reason this whole time it was reading to me like you did all this and chose not to reinstall it. Guess I am thick haha.

In fairness to me most of your posts don't indicate you install battle eye at all from what I can tell reading them back... just your last one.
Jesus you still going on? You do realise this is a Technical Support forum right? What have you done to assist with the issue where you can't play multiplayer because you get the (Bannerlord Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\mscoree.dll".) error? That's right, nothing. For all that is holy stop your spam. All you have done is made finding the correct information for someone who has this exact issue more difficult. JUST STOP!

Jesus you still going on? You do realise this is a Technical Support forum right? What have you done to assist with the issue where you can't play multiplayer because you get the (Bannerlord Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\mscoree.dll".) error? That's right, nothing. For all that is holy stop your spam. All you have done is made finding the correct information for someone who has this exact issue more difficult. JUST STOP!

I don't want to continue this but you are the one calling names when your own posts do not make yourself clear. In this thread you make it out to seem that you DIDN'T reinstall battle eye, at best you make it seem optional. I was not the only person who thought this is what you've done. But now you say it is otherwise.

Reading through again there is nowhere that makes it clear to me that you used the mentioned steps to reinstall battle eye, infact it says the complete opposite. Quote:

"6. DO NOT INSTALL BattleEye. Click Cancel and the Multiplayer should launch"
"The problem was that after installing BattleEye I had a blue screen of death and after that I couldn't play Multiplayer anymore. There is no way to play it unless you do this process. This will help you to reinstall BattleEye and if you wan install it, otherwise you would be stuck with what is shown on my screenshot, never being able to play multiplayer. "

I would suggest amending your post(s) to clearly say you did reinstall battle eye through this process if this is what you've done. This implies it is optional at best, as I said.

I'm out either way, have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom