Need More Info Can't play multiplayer - BattleEye blocked loading of file

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary: Bannerlord was working fine today, but when i booted bannerlord just now, over and over it gave me the error of battle eye blocked loading of file and bannerlord multiplayer won't start.....! but bannerlord singleplayer works. i have reinstalled battle eye via the games files but it still doesn't work and gives me the same error. BANNERLORD PLEASE FIX THIS GOD DAMN ISSUE!!!!! it always happens to me at some point, and bannerlrod needs to do something about it, i also have verified files and it completed successfully.
How to Reproduce: launch bannerlord multiplayer then quit it, then launch it again, then quit it, repeat this process of opening bannerlord multiplayer and closing it and at some point you will get battleEye blocked loading of file.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
unknown.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: RX 6700 XT
GPU Driver Version: LATEST
CPU: I5 9600KF
RAM: DDR4 16GB
Motherboard: MSI PRO-VH
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

1. Cool off, drink some water
  2. Bannerlord is a game. the developer studio is called TaleWorlds
  3. Understand: BattlEye is an anticheat product which TW cannot change or modify, they only use it as it is. Look at the forum a bit there are a bunch of posts regarding it.
  4. I havent managed to nail down what triggers BattlEye to block files at random, mostly I just need to shut everything down and then it works:
  5. Stop the "BattlEye service" in the services window (Winkey+R > services.msc )
  6. stop every bannerlord related process ( Task manager / Process explorer detailed view -> right click, kill process tree )
  7. Stop steam and every steam related process.
  8. start the battleye service again
  9. log into steam and try to play..

Can you try reinstalling the BattlEye?

Under the games installation folder please navigate to this folder:
"...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\BattlEye"

First, run the uninstall.bat file and install.bat afterwards. Please make sure that your game is not running in the background!

Back
Top Bottom