Cant play Bannerlord, cant go back to Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

Am I the only one? Bannerlord is boring and feature lacking, but it looks and feels so good it does so much better than any Warband mod, I wished this game didnt release so early so I could play it finished! Or at least with modding tools, I want to love this game but 50% of my playthroughs are just me imagining how the game could be better.

Well this is where the blame falls on the thousands upon thousands who yelled at TW to launch the game before they were really ready. But hey, I really see the game as very playable and a lot of fun. What I do see repetitive are in some missions, maps and castles. But they already said that they were going to add a wide variety of castles when the EA is advanced, more missions and also more maps. I estimate that in less than two months they will give us the modification tools. I'm currently playing Warband multiplayer a lot, waiting for the Bannerlord multiplayer update that TW will give us next week. They also said that since last Monday they will give us more updates in a row because the refactoring period has ended.

Mods are fun in Warband, but sure it's not ray tracing technology.
If SP is boring, join MP, eg, regiment for regimental battles or join public events in Warband.

xYYEMXJ.jpg

8G0DsRn.png

For Warband, I find the visual layer to be sufficient and the depth to be more than satisfactory. I'll hop back on Bannerlord every patch to keep myself updated on current affairs, but its dearth of mechanics is too jarring for me to see it as more than a shallow F1-F3 combat simulator.

Kind of feel this way, then I realized I just need to do something else for a while so I don't get burned out on one game.

Agree. I play mostly multiplayer, which is fun as fudge. but mostly I play other games (Total War, Foundation, etc) and work/sleep/play to keep me busy. Basically having a life.

Oh my man I've played warband MP for 7 years, I had my own clan and everything, maybe I got really tired of it. If anything brings me joy its PW or Napoleonic's DM server (playing piano while everything around was a mess was my favorite thing in the world). I think Warband visually can hold up and mods like PoP are stunning but this upgrade just gives me another sense of epicness, and I say this having played old games like Fallout 2. The difference is that Fallout 2 has a fantastic writing and a set of characters with so much personality they make up for the lack of incredible visuals. I always end up criticizing Bannerlord for the lack of immersion but they really, really should hire more writers to create actual living persons to accompany the absolutely stunning visuals they've created. Bannerlord graphics may not be the most updated but towns look like they come out of paintings, everytime I enter a secret spot in a town I wonder "Why, why isnt anyone interesting in this beautiful place". I hope they add more quests too but its still has to learn to become an RPG. I will always say this, and my disappointment with this game wont be over until they dont do something about it.

I agree with you, I tried to go back to warband, and the combat felt clunky as hell, The attempt to add physics to the way the weapons perform is way better in bannerlord. I need dialogue options and diplomacy and opposing kingdoms that stalemate each other until my kingdom starts, that’s what I’m waiting for.

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I've had a 5k hour tenure of purely MP Warband (Mercenaries) and eagerly jumped ship to BL at the first chance I got. While enjoying BL and making new friends etc., the shortcomings of the game and combat just became too much and I quit shortly after I got the 750 win badge which had really been my last incentive to play for quite a while. However, I got so used to BL (and there are good things about it) that I just couldn't go back to Warband. Graphics are the least important factor in this limbo for me.

Now I play different games and eagerly wait for changes.

Well this is where the blame falls on the thousands upon thousands who yelled at TW to launch the game before they were really ready. But hey, I really see the game as very playable and a lot of fun. What I do see repetitive are in some missions, maps and castles. But they already said that they were going to add a wide variety of castles when the EA is advanced, more missions and also more maps. I estimate that in less than two months they will give us the modification tools. I'm currently playing Warband multiplayer a lot, waiting for the Bannerlord multiplayer update that TW will give us next week. They also said that since last Monday they will give us more updates in a row because the refactoring period has ended.
"ready ready" the game imho isn't even EA stage but alpha stage with how much is sorely lacking in all aspects.

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I've had a 5k hour tenure of purely MP Warband (Mercenaries) and eagerly jumped ship to BL at the first chance I got. While enjoying BL and making new friends etc., the shortcomings of the game and combat just became too much and I quit shortly after I got the 750 win badge which had really been my last incentive to play for quite a while. However, I got so used to BL (and there are good things about it) that I just couldn't go back to Warband.

Now I play different games and eagerly wait for changes.
Well at least you get to be good at BL, I cant play MP because SA doesnt have servers and being good with an inconsistent 200 ping is just too hard. I think the best we can do is to leave and come back in some months

I cant play MP because SA doesnt have servers
yikes

Well at least you get to be good at BL
Yeah that mindset quickly evaporated once I realized there's literally no point in grinding the current combat apart from some early **** measuring and ****-talking privilege since there's no way the final game can ship with the combat and general PvP MP experience being like this.

Lol, no it doesn't. No company will ever make a decision as drastic as a premature release just because of some forum posts. Also I highly doubt that another 5 years would have resulted in a fundamentally better game.
I agree with this, I think they knew they were nowhere close to being done but had to do something after years of work with only this to show for it. Another 5 years hiding the game and I really don't think we would be much further than we are right now.

The game isn't finished have faith man I believe they will make it better could take awhile but I refuse to be negative about any of it, positive constructive criticism is the only way we can help them out, bug reporting and making our voice heard for the features we would like added to the game. I think they got a solid foundation to build upon here granted they get bugs and performance in order i think they could release and add content to the game over time which I have no problem paying for ill give an example Europa Universalis released Barebones the game it is today is much different from when it released but it was fun and had a solid foundation that games got a horde of dlc

I just can't do the combat in this game on mutiplayer, its strange because the combat in single player actually feels better then the combat in mutiplayer and its so strange why the combat feels so different between SP and MP so it lead me back into warband mutiplayer where I like the combat. Honestly if mutiplayer combat would of been like SP in Bannerlord I would of probably kept playing.

I cant play MP because SA doesnt have server
NGL you SA guys need to make a bigger fuss, IK you guys have a pretty big mutiplayer community on warband actually bigger then Oceanic so i'm not sure why you guys did't get a Bannerlord server.From what I remember the most part though you guys never used any of the forums really or anything so maybe taleworlds doesn't actually know you exist as a big community ? I recommmend going into Sever issues forum and just complaning about how you have no servers whats so ever and that the SA community needs servers.

Am I the only one? Bannerlord is boring and feature lacking, but it looks and feels so good it does so much better than any Warband mod, I wished this game didnt release so early so I could play it finished! Or at least with modding tools, I want to love this game but 50% of my playthroughs are just me imagining how the game could be better.
What made Warband so amazing was the mods. And that's what I'm looking forward to. I wouldn't have bought it if not for COVID.

Back
Top Bottom