Need More Info Scene Editor Cant paint terrain in 1.5.5 editor as it crashes and any maps from 1.5.4 and earlier have painting messed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main

Lonewarrior

Sergeant
Attempting to paint any terrain at all now just crashes the mod tools when editing a main_map.

Also When opening the main map in the mod tools scene editor (1.5.5) that was made in a 1.5.4 version, all of the terrain paint on the map has been changed to default (such as when I painted snow)
Not only this but when you try and use paint to paint over the old painted areas in the 1.5.4 map it doesn’t paint anything over them as though they are now unpaintable or it just crashes the mod tools.

I have verified steam and submitted a report.

Edit: others now reporting the same issue to me.

Last edited:
Not only this but when you try and use paint to paint over the old painted areas in the 1.5.4 map it doesn’t paint anything over them as though they are now unpaintable or it just crashes the mod tools.
Same issue on beta version, crash report identifier 2020-12-25_00.26.59_83aaa0d21e912e56cc2c4431411ad103

Were you able yo use the crash uploader after the crashes? It is nearly impossible for us to reproduce most of the editor crashes. With an uploaded dump file of the crash, we can debug the issue. If you are still experiencing this issue please use the crash uploader and send us the crash identifier so that we can find it. You will see the identifier after the upload is completed and you can copy it on the dialogue window.

Were you able yo use the crash uploader after the crashes? It is nearly impossible for us to reproduce most of the editor crashes. With an uploaded dump file of the crash, we can debug the issue. If you are still experiencing this issue please use the crash uploader and send us the crash identifier so that we can find it. You will see the identifier after the upload is completed and you can copy it on the dialogue window.

OH yeah sorry I forgot:
Here it is:
2020-12-24_23.44.31_00000000000000000000000000000000
Is that the right one? If not I can do a fresh one.
IT should be easily reproducible as it seems to be happening to a number of people.

I think maybe the versions are mismatched for the mod tools and the game

Please make sure that both tools and the game are on the same versions. Please verify both the tools and the game before trying to reproduce!

I just verified the game and mod tools and no files were found to be missing and the crash still happens.
What I meant was maybe the version of the mod tools uploaded for 1.5.5 was the wrong version?
I’m running 1.5.5 for both, I’ve never opted in for any of the Betas so the mod tools and game are the same version as to whatever was in the 1.5.5 update.

I also purged all my mods by removing them and verified with steam and still get the crash, game works fine though with no mods etc running.

Last edited:
Also I can’t seem to paint navmesh and only delete it.
I can’t place vertexes or faces or connect those already existing to each other

Last edited:
Thanks for the info

This issue is still present in 1.5.6.
So I’ve changed this post version to 1.5:6
I tested it on the main map (vanilla game in mod tools)

By selecting the “default” paint when you paint nothing at all happens but using any other paint still crashes the mod tools

checked in 1.5.7, issue still persists, both with it crashing when painting and with it spawning the player model below the ground when ingame

Just going to throw a +1 onto this as well as its pretty frustrating that its been an issue for this long. No error message just crash to desktop on painting with any option, erase, smooth, paint etc.

Attempted to verify the files on tools and game. On 1.5.7 and on 1.5.8. Even did a full uninstall and reinstall.

Back
Top Bottom