Need More Info Scene Editor Can't Open Saved Scene Bannerlord Scene Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Summary: I think there's a similar bug report here, but I'm not quite sure so here goes. Started making a new scene then get a warning saying that the editor can't load files that are in folders that have spaces. So I rename the folder replacing spaces with underscores. Then I can load the scene, but now I get a warning telling me that the scene name doesn't match the folder it's in. So I do "save as" and save the scene under a new name. Then when I try to load that second, copied scene the editor crashes. Also for some reason I can open the original scene and save it, but when I close the editor it crashes. My hunch is that there's some overly aggressive filepath-checking going on behind the scenes. At least I can save, but I'm still making manual copies every so often just in case. Note: I am using a hommade mod, but just as a place to store scenes, so it only contains the necessary xml file and changes a small aspect of the game itself.
How to Reproduce
: 1.) Start new scene with spaces in save name and/or save folder, 2.) save, close and reopen scene (this is where you'll probably get the "file path can't have spaces" error), 3.) do "save as" with a different name, 4.) maybe not on the first time of loading that copied scene, but soon there will be a crash either on loading the scene or exiting the editor
Specific Tool: Scene Editor
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 2GB
GPU Driver Version: 20.4.2
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: MSI Gaming G-45 Z97
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Last edited by a moderator:
You can simply change the scene name part in the "xscene" file. It is text based. You should find the following part near the beginning of the file:
scene name="YOUR_SCENE_NAME"
I also take note to have a functionality to not let the level designer to save a scene with whitespaces in its name.
Thanks for the report.

Back
Top Bottom