• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Need More Info Scene Editor Can't Open Saved Scene Bannerlord Scene Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main

Space_Pot8to

Recruit
Summary: I think there's a similar bug report here, but I'm not quite sure so here goes. Started making a new scene then get a warning saying that the editor can't load files that are in folders that have spaces. So I rename the folder replacing spaces with underscores. Then I can load the scene, but now I get a warning telling me that the scene name doesn't match the folder it's in. So I do "save as" and save the scene under a new name. Then when I try to load that second, copied scene the editor crashes. Also for some reason I can open the original scene and save it, but when I close the editor it crashes. My hunch is that there's some overly aggressive filepath-checking going on behind the scenes. At least I can save, but I'm still making manual copies every so often just in case. Note: I am using a hommade mod, but just as a place to store scenes, so it only contains the necessary xml file and changes a small aspect of the game itself.
How to Reproduce
: 1.) Start new scene with spaces in save name and/or save folder, 2.) save, close and reopen scene (this is where you'll probably get the "file path can't have spaces" error), 3.) do "save as" with a different name, 4.) maybe not on the first time of loading that copied scene, but soon there will be a crash either on loading the scene or exiting the editor
Specific Tool: Scene Editor
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 2GB
GPU Driver Version: 20.4.2
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: MSI Gaming G-45 Z97
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Last edited by a moderator:

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support & Localization
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Forwarded to the developers for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Murat Türe

Developer
You can simply change the scene name part in the "xscene" file. It is text based. You should find the following part near the beginning of the file:
scene name="YOUR_SCENE_NAME"
I also take note to have a functionality to not let the level designer to save a scene with whitespaces in its name.
Thanks for the report.

Top Bottom