Can't manage army during siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Since today's patch disabling clan and kingdom actions during encounters and sieges, it is now impossible to keep an army cohesive while walls are being destroyed/the attackers are starving out the defenders. This seems like an unfortunate side effect and not an intended change, but if it is intended I suppose the only recourse is just to Ctrl alt f4 every siege assault.

Since today's patch disabling clan and kingdom actions during encounters and sieges, it is now impossible to keep an army cohesive while walls are being destroyed/the attackers are starving out the defenders. This seems like an unfortunate side effect and not an intended change, but if it is intended I suppose the only recourse is just to Ctrl alt f4 every siege assault.

I'd flag it in the support forum... They just made starvation a legitimate tactic in the last patch. I doubt they'd undo that on purpose. Seems like an oversight.

Good. I asked @Ananda_The_Destroyer about this on reddit yesterday. I knew I hadn't gone crazy!
It wasn't time for my community service sentence of daily reddit post readings but I just saw it.
Yes it's from the hot patch. I think this is a oversight meant to fix other "funny business" players could do in the menus, such as leave kingdoms/merc contract and still be sieging, or get of jail free and such. The AI armies aren't fast enough to finish a siege without boosting cohesion so I doubt they expect the player to do it without ever boosting it. It possibly for sure and it's possible to just use 1party too, but I doubt they ment to take this away.

I'd flag it in the support forum... They just made starvation a legitimate tactic in the last patch. I doubt they'd undo that on purpose. Seems like an oversight.
It seems heavy handed for sure, if they wanted to make it more expensive for the p layer I would understand or some other thing, but just cutting it off seems like a mistake. That said, 1 party can siege just fine and is my preferred method.

There's a fix coming. It was an oversight.

Until then... my workaround for a good starve out, or wall bashing... is to siege until you run out of cohesion, break the siege, top-up cohesion and resiege. A bit of a pain... but it works. It takes a couple of goes to bring the walls down.

I prefer longer sieges, because it draws in enemy armies towards me rather than my factions other armies. I can deal with them decisively, they can't.

Back
Top Bottom