Can't load game - Press “Resume Game“ for crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Slereth

Recruit
Hello there,
since i bought Bannerlord I can't load any of my saved games. I sent few bug reports via bug resender but now I can't even send more bug reports.

Here's screenshot: Picture (cannot use insert image soo i made a link in the word “Picture“)

Any tips how I can solve that problem with crashing ? I really want to enjoy the campaign but since I can't even load any of my characters I can't even start playing. Tried to reinstall the game but nothing changed.

Regards
Slereth

Hello there,
since i bought Bannerlord I can't load any of my saved games. I sent few bug reports via bug resender but now I can't even send more bug reports.

Here's screenshot: Picture (cannot use insert image soo i made a link in the word “Picture“)

Any tips how I can solve that problem with crashing ? I really want to enjoy the campaign but since I can't even load any of my characters I can't even start playing. Tried to reinstall the game but nothing changed.

Regards
Slereth

Hi,

I had the same issue but managed to fix it by deleting a temp file in the saves folder.
Check in C:\Users\USER\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves\Native

Heya,

I would like to say that I love You Mr. Actually it works! ... God finally I can enjoy the campaign! x)

Hi there, same problem here. I think I'm missing this temp file in my folder. How should it be named? In my "Native" folder I only got my .sav files.

Same here. No temp file. I can't load the latest saves, but loading one from half an hour before works. However, when I save on that file, I can't load it anymore. Seems to be completely corrupted.

I found that my firewall was blocking "game launcher" and once I enabled it my saves began working as normal.
I'm not sure why it wasn't screwing with my saves from the start but now the game runs fine.

same problem here =(, no temp file in the folder and firewall seems to be letting bannerlord through. I don't see it blocking game launcher or "game launcher" anywhere

It was the "taleworlds.mountandblade.launcher.exe".
I did also delete my Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder from C:\Users\(User)\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord and generated a new one. I'm guessing the firewall was stopping that folder from being restored properly and thats why it only worked when I enabled it.
Make sure to keep the Game Saves\Native folder though if you don't want to start again.

Been having the same issue. Since patch 1.0.6 whenever I try to load a game or start a new campaign, as soon as the loading screen with little running horse on the right bottom shows up the game freezes and, after around 10 seconds it crashes. Reinstalling, removing all mods, deleting programdata folder. deleting documents folder, nothing seems to fix the issue.
In my case the first crash happened during 1.0.5 while inside one of the empire's army, when the AI engaged with the enemy army the game frooze and crashed, when going to start it again it updated and I can't play it ever since (1.0.6 - Crash; 1.0.7 - Crash; 1.0.8 - Crash).

Guys. I got it. Disable ur cloud synchronization in steam. And delete all your saves files in native. That should do the trick. Unless you know how to delete the save files on steam cloud(if you know, please tell me). Disable cloud sync.

First if you are playing on steam go to "Offline Mode" this will prevent syncing of saved games.

Next navigate to your saved game folder (example C:\Users\Username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves\Native\) and copy them all to a backup folder.

Now delete all but 1 save from the saved game folder and try it again.

If that does not that work try a different save, one that you think is least likely corrupted.

Keep in mind that depending on how you install and update mods the save still may not load (click with no effect) though the resume button should still work.

If you mod always keep a vanilla save before you start modding.

I began having this problem yesterday while running 1.5.2. I've been using the same mods for quite some time, but the game only started acting up recently. I tried Xelos' solution of deleting my save files except one and running the game offline, but it still hasn't worked. Has anyone found any new solutions?

Back
Top Bottom