Can't instal Napoleonic Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Nedry

Recruit
I bought Warband on steam.  I have since uninstalled it from steam and installed it with the tale world installer.  Added both my CD keys to my account.  I bought Napoleonic Wars from Tale worlds site.

When I run the installer for Napoleonic Wars, it tells me I don't have Warband installed.

How can I fix this?  Any help is appreciated.

If you want to run it non-steam

Install this:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1153.exe

Then this:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_setup_1006.exe

Nedry said:
I bought Warband on steam.  I have since uninstalled it from steam and installed it with the tale world installer.  Added both my CD keys to my account.  I bought Napoleonic Wars from Tale worlds site.

When I run the installer for Napoleonic Wars, it tells me I don't have Warband installed.

We can see the problem you bought a non steam dlc for warband you need to buy the dlc on steam too to be able to play on warband steam version
the napoleonic wars dlc you bought from taleworlds doesnt match the warband steam version

sry mate but you have to buy it again on steam this time

Solution:

Download and install this Click for Warband to C:/Programs/Mount&Blade Warband

Activate the non steam version with your steam serial key (Go to your steam library and right click on mount and blade warband to see it)
If you have a 5x5 key then use this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,155134.0.html

Then download this Click for the dlc
And install it to C:/Programs/MountandBlade Warband (or C:/Programs/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules

Start the game with the warband launcher and change to 'Napoleonic Wars' before you run the game.

Then try to enter a multiplayer server and enter your serial key: ente rser ialk eys

Have fun!  :mrgreen:

(Or just look here!)

FinnHallqvist said:
Solution:

Activate the non steam version with your steam serial key (Go to your steam library and right click on mount and blade warband to see it)
If you have a 5x5 key then use this:

(Or just look here!)

As I said in my original post, I already did all of this.  I already got my key from steam, installed it with the tale worlds installer, and activated my games.  I installed it to D: as that's where I put all my game installs.  And I do have a 4x4 key.

BetaKnight said:
Nedry said:

We can see the problem you bought a non steam dlc for warband you need to buy the dlc on steam too to be able to play on warband steam version
the napoleonic wars dlc you bought from taleworlds doesnt match the warband steam version

sry mate but you have to buy it again on steam this time

That's pretty unacceptable to me, if true.  Considering I tried to join a server in game, and it pointed me to the Tale Worlds site to purchase Napoleonic Wars.

MaHuD said:
Did you install it in the default path on the C drive?

So I uninstalled the game from D:\ and reinstalled to C:\ and that worked, it can now see the game and installs.

Thank you  :grin:

And Tale Worlds may want to fix the Napoleonic Wars installer to see other hard drives...

What I meant was this.
Step 1: Install Mount and BLade: Warband Demo.
Step 2: Run NW installer so it is installed into the demo file.
Step 3: Copy the NW module from the demo to the steam file.
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit!

Back
Top Bottom