Can't hire Commander + Giving fiefs

Users who are viewing this thread

1: This was not a problem before. Earlier in my game i conquered a crimean castle and was able to hire a commander. Now i declared war against Poland and    conquered one of their castle with one village.  I stationed all of my 200 man army into the garrison and talked to the mayor and upgraded the castle. It has Armor master, Weapon master, Merchant and Messenger. Buildings were Barracks, Stable and Armory. But there was no option to hire a commander. I thought it would take some time to become available but no. I can't recruit all of the commanders and so i can't access polish faction troops, and i need them REALLY badly because soon or later the King and his sons will come to my castle knocking at the door. I would really appreciate your help.

2: The next question is, how do i give a fief to my companion? Is it the same system as in warband where you go to the party screen and talk to your companion, then ask them would you like to hold a fief etc. I have only one rich village, its really a money generator, 5000-6000 thaler every 1/1,5 weeks, haven't counted it yet. Will i  be able to gift my companion the only village? Or must i own 2 villages and gift one of them to my companion?

Thanks.

1. Yes i can on any nation
2.Is there still a way to get "subjects" for your rebel kingdom? Once you expanded enough i don't think the player will survive alone long.

I am having the same problem with the commander in my game. I own one city and one castle/fortress. In the city I was able to hire a commander and all the specialty commanders to unlock units and hire them normally. For some reason I cant do that in my castle though. It lets me hire each specialty commander (infantry, cavalry, personal guard, etc.) but I cant actually hire the base commander so I cant hire any units  :sad: . Its causing me alot of trouble since the mercenary camps are running dry now too. Good units are pretty obnoxious to get in this game so I figured I would double down on getting more commanders but now I lost the rest of my veteran units getting this castle which does nothing. Is it even possible to get more than one commander? I really dont want to wait multiple months barely getting units while npcs can fill their parties in a couple days.

Well, recruiting from villages, mercenary camp and castle/town commander aren't only ways to have troops. I use this method sometimes to recruit, own a castle/ town and wait for some time then check the garrison and you will find random type of 25 or more troops, I just enlist them, it's not that effective cause they sometimes have very poor troops. I hope if you find this useful.

Armory is the key. Double check that you really have it.

I was able to appoint all the "specialized" commanders, but the option for the "original" one was unavailable until I had the Armory built.

Back
Top Bottom