Resolved Can't give yourself a fief if you have more than 3 clans

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: If you have more than 4+ clans in your kingdom there is no way to give yourself a fief. It will only give you three options to pick from and you are never in those options. There is also no way to ask other clans to support you so there is no way to ever get yourself onto the list of options. If you only have 3 clans in your kingdom you can give a fief to one, take it away, and then you'll show up in the list.

User Impact: It entirely ruins the end game when you create your own kingdom.

How to Reproduce: Take a castle having 3+ clans in your kingdom.

Summary: If you have more than 4+ clans in your kingdom there is no way to give yourself a fief. It will only give you three options to pick from and you are never in those options. There is also no way to ask other clans to support you so there is no way to ever get yourself onto the list of options. If you only have 3 clans in your kingdom you can give a fief to one, take it away, and then you'll show up in the list.

User Impact: It entirely ruins the end game when you create your own kingdom.

How to Reproduce: Take a castle having 3+ clans in your kingdom.

This is most likely normal behavior.
The game is trying to distribute the settlements between the clans evenly, starting to compose the three candidates on the voting from the clans with the least number of possessions, including you.

This is most likely normal behavior.
The game is trying to distribute the settlements between the clans evenly, starting to compose the three candidates on the voting from the clans with the least number of possessions, including you.

How close the fief is to your other fiefs matters some too.

The nominations are determined by a number of factors such as clan strength, already owned fiefs, distance and more. There is not any bug here.
I have about 30 fiefs and the other clans in my kingdom each have two. That makes sense that it isn't a bug, but is there a place to put in feature requests or give feedback? It seems very odd that when solo taking fiefs as a king you're unable to give yourself the fief. I could understand a large influence cost / relation loss though.

I have about 30 fiefs and the other clans in my kingdom each have two. That makes sense that it isn't a bug, but is there a place to put in feature requests or give feedback? It seems very odd that when solo taking fiefs as a king you're unable to give yourself the fief. I could understand a large influence cost / relation loss though.
no one needs 30 fiefs my guy
you dont need any more man
10 is a reasonable ammount

no one needs 30 fiefs my guy
you dont need any more man
10 is a reasonable ammount
Imagine playing a basketball game and being told you've scored too many points so the box score gave your points to other players on your team. Lol, the game is literally about controlling the continent and either unifying or crating your own empire, as a KING. Who tf are you, mods, or even the developers to tell any players how many fiefs are "reasonable" to own/manage lol and even your opinion is just that. Your cope with this obvious flaw in the game is hard justify with any logic other than your inability to manage more than 10 fiefs.

The player can't create armies large enough to conquer Calradia without more than 2 vassals but then the games logic is that "the KING can't decide which fiefs are controlled by who".... lol how retarded. And for what reason, other than to maintain that vassals could dislike their lack of fief ownership? lol.

Back
Top Bottom