Cant get my map to load

Users who are viewing this thread

Piet

Recruit
I have created several iterations of the map i want to use for my mod and have loaded them successfully into the game, yet the one i most recently made has been crashing my game, I have used Thorgrim's to get the initial layout via importing a heightmap and then Bloodpass to adjust finer details for all my previous maps and this one too.

I have also made sure that all my parties are on land and i have loaded my mod with the native map to make sure it wasn't an issue with my module_parties.py.

I'm asking to see if i have some oversight I haven't considered. I'm new to the forums but I have been modding this game for the past few months and I have a basic understanding of all that goes into a mod. Thanks

Ok I've narrowed the issue down to a problem with my copy of the Bloodpass editor. Using only what Thorgrim's outputs works so i guess ill have to try to get as much done with it as possible.

Just leaving this here if maybe someone will face the same quirk as I'm having in future.

Edit: When I export the Bloodpass map and load it successfully into Thorgrim's and then export it from there, it still doesnt work so Bloodpass might somehow be corrupting it in a way. I dont know if this is a one time fluke but it would hurt to lose this map and start from scratch nontheless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have no experience whatsoever as a mapper, so forgive me asking such obvious question: are you working with the original game (M&B) when working with the editors? At least one of them (Thorgrim's) works with the original M&B only.

Upvote 0
I have no experience whatsoever as a mapper, so forgive me asking such obvious question: are you working with the original game (M&B) when working with the editors? At least one of them (Thorgrim's) works with the original M&B only.
From what I gathered from this forum and my own experience, saving the map in Thorgrim's modifies the original M&B map.txt file but if the file is copied over to WB module then it works just fine.

Upvote 0
Im at my wits end. I have no clue what is causing the issue. This was all working fine up until a few days ago. Maybe someone can share what versions of java they are using that makes bloodpass work so I can try replicate the same thing.

Upvote 0
Yeah ok issue isnt bloodpass it was just a fluke with my map, the model had something wrong with it.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom