Platform
Xbox Series X
Game mode
Sandbox
Graphics mode
Fidelity

Wh33Lz

Recruit
Summary: None of the text dialog options for marriage are appearing in my sandbox game. I can't profess my admiration to an eligible female nor can I form an allegiance through marriage to a clan leader. Those dialog options just aren't appearing.

My character is age 28, Empire Culture, Vassal of Vlandia. Clan tier 4. Owns four fiefs and has 350k denar in the bank.

What other conditions need to be satisfied for the marriage dialog options to start appearing?

Game version:

How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

It would be super helpful if the encyclopedia entry on marriage would list the conditions necessary to get married. In my first campaign it was super easy to get married. In this playthrough I wasted several valuable years of my character's young adulthood because it wasn't made clear that I couldn't be in an army.

Yes but they apparently didn’t decide yet if it’s a bug or intended. I reported it as a bug before and it’s still in progress, meanwhile I read them write somewhere else that it’s intended.

From a lore perspective I don't see how one justifies that you can't arrange marriages while you're in an army. From a gameplay mechanics perspective it is just unwanted complexity to require me to tear down my army to arrange a marriage. (Which did work by the way, I was able to get my character married if I disbanded my army before talking to the clan leader).

This army logic seems to impact reproduction too. My character's new wife would not get pregnant so long as my character was leading an army. I waited 11 days with my army in the same settlement as the wife and no pregnancy. Reload the save, disband the army and she's pregnant in one day.

From a lore perspective I suppose one could argue this makes sense. From one player's perspective, this is unnecessary and unwanted gyrations. If it takes more than a few days for pregnancy to happen then my companion parties will probably get enlisted in some other lord's army. At which point I have spend influence and relation the break up that army to get control over my parties or do without them. Not a fan of either of those options.

Back
Top Bottom