Resolved Can't find/select 1.5.10 beta after 1.6.0 patch notes reveal (11/06/21)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
After whatever was patched a couple hours ago 1.5.10 is no longer in the list of available betas for steam, at least for me. (yes I know steam organizes them numerically and that 1.5.10 is under 1.5.1 usually, I've checked throughout the entire list of betas and I'm not seeing it anywhere now.) Figured I'd throw a heads up in case taking it away was not intentional.

I believe due to the unresolved problems of 1.5.10 it was removed entirely, if you have a previous save you would like to keep playing on I think you will need to continue it in 1.6.0 beta.

I believe due to the unresolved problems of 1.5.10 it was removed entirely, if you have a previous save you would like to keep playing on I think you will need to continue it in 1.6.0 beta.
In their patch notes they just mention that they'll be pushing 1.5.10 to main branch once they've ironed out all the "outstanding issues."
They never mentioned anything about straight up removing it as an option though. If I didn't just spend like 2hrs yesterday searching for/tweaking individual mods to my preference I'd hop on 1.6, but I was happy enough with 1.5.10 to call it the branch I was going to sit on/continue to mod until more content is added. (never really modded bannerlords up till this point because there were still some key features I felt were missing that mods didn't add yet. 1.5.10 can give me basically everything I want for the time being with mods that quite literally less than a week ago were updated to 1.5.10.)

1.5.10 has some issues that we are working to fix at the moment. When it is fixed it will be moved to the main branch.
I appreciate you getting back to me, but I guess my question was more so if there can still be a 1.5.10 beta branch too so that people can continue their campaigns on that if desired? It would also be hard for me to understand why taleworlds wouldn't want 1.5.10 as an available beta still if they're continueing to iron out issues with it.
A larger playerbase sending in bug and crash reports and attempting to reproduce issues gives devs more resources to work with. Course with that said, I guess I don't know in specific what issues the company is referring to, but I imagine my previous statement still holds true.

In their patch notes they just mention that they'll be pushing 1.5.10 to main branch once they've ironed out all the "outstanding issues."
They never mentioned anything about straight up removing it as an option though. If I didn't just spend like 2hrs yesterday searching for/tweaking individual mods to my preference I'd hop on 1.6, but I was happy enough with 1.5.10 to call it the branch I was going to sit on/continue to mod until more content is added. (never really modded bannerlords up till this point because there were still some key features I felt were missing that mods didn't add yet. 1.5.10 can give me basically everything I want for the time being with mods that quite literally less than a week ago were updated to 1.5.10.)
You are right of course. I tried 1.6 and has it has its own series of bugs. I am going for 1.5.10 to get pushed into main branch since like you I have been trying a lot of mods in 1.5.9 and 1.5.10

In the meanwhile, I might start a 1.6 campaign to get the full benefit of its changes that come only with a new campaign while checking if the 1.6 bugs I am experiencing in my 1.5.10 save exist in a 1.6 start campaign.

Back
Top Bottom