Can't find any male companions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys where are the male companions? I have been to 10 different towns and can only find female ones. I am wondering where I can find them? Maybe it is a bug?

- Mickey

Sorry my phone was giving me some rubble with reading the post how do I delete posts thank you smiley no smiley :smile:

I think companions might be randomly generated according to patterns. They could be male or female. Just look around and you can find a male rogue, or female scout, or male scout and so on.

I think companions might be randomly generated according to patterns. They could be male or female. Just look around and you can find a male rogue, or female scout, or male scout and so on.
+1, indeed it seems they are somewhat proceduraly generated. All companions seems to have the same starting stats as well, at least based on the ones I looked at.

They're pulled from a random pool, what with ageing it makes sense, not too keen on it but aye, I'm also only seeing female companions. I like female companions don't get me wrong, but I've not seen a single fella and I'm starting to feel like I'm running a mobile women's refuge and arming them all.

I've seen other posts like this. But it's not been my experience. Haven't counted or anything, but seems I've gotten a roughly 50/50 mix for candidates. And of my four companions in party, 2 are male, 2 female. Maybe I've just been "lucky". I wonder if region has an effect; compared to Warband, the companions don't really seem to roam city-to-city as much. I've been hanging out mostly in Vlandia & Western Empire so far.

I've noticed a few of them seem "crafted", in the sense that they have a scripted backstory that at least somewhat matches their skills. Healers with some Medicine skill, bandit past with some Roguery & Bow, etc. But many others obviously just cookie-cutter bland, even to the point of saying roughly "I don't know why you'd want to hear my story...it's generic".

And that may be intentional, not just a case of "it's EA and we haven't fleshed everything out yet." Some companions will stay with the party just like we've been used to in the past, but others get sent off to lead caravans or do other long-term missions/roles, rarely to directly interact with the player again.

Back
Top Bottom