Can't find a robbers' den

Users who are viewing this thread

I just got a quest from the Konungr of Dorestad to find a robbers' den but I checked ALL of Frisia at least three times and I can't find anything. I even checked the islands, the coast of France and the barren chunk of land between Denmark and Frisia, but there is no one there. I haven't even seen any robbers patrolling around a robber's den, otherwise I would've just followed them.

Try abut halfway between the salt mine and the inland village east of Dorestad, and south of Dorestad across the river and inland a bit

I am having the same problem, the only difference is that I find the den and it doesn’t turn blue to denote that it’s the one I am looking for. This has happened to me on three occasions and I have a -5 relationship now. Could be a bug maybe.

Did you perhaps use the cheat (ctrl+mouse) to move around? They only appear when you walk past them.

make a backup slot for your savegame

enable the cheats and use the in-game menu to show all parties in the game (including the bandits den)

reload your backup slot to restore the game (dont continue playing with cheats or it will break your gameplay)

travel there and you will see it

you just need to travel somewhat near the den to see it, but as you are having trouble doing it normally, you can use the above method with cheats to help you temporally.

Even more pain in the a** is when u have to find bandits..i did a quest from Dorestad Mayor or villager from nearby village, doesnt matter and i had to hunt down Vikingr. I know they arent spawning on Friese lands, so i knew ill have to search for them in water. At the time of the quest i saved, then began my search and i gave up. Quit the game, enabled cheats, loaded the save and pressed ctrl+t.. they were south of Cornubia kingdom along with dozens Vikingr ships. I hate those quests. When you look at the size of the water + im playing vc balance mod which has spotting reduced i believe, its like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Back
Top Bottom