Resolved Can't ever use a crossbow if you don't start with the skill in creation

Users who are viewing this thread

The two crossbows for sale (that I've ever seen) require a skill of 20 and 40. This seems to mean that anyone who starts with a zero skill in crossbow will never be able to learn how to use it (except oddly in tournaments, that apparently have zero skill crossbows).

I've never seen in in days of play, is it sold only in a specific culture on specific holy days when the moon crosses the sun?
Don't know really. I didn't notice cities selling culture specific weapons, there are steppe bows everywhere, but if it is a thing, then yeah try Vlandia and Empire.

At tournaments in Vlandia, they sometimes give you a crossbow, so I improved my skill to 20.
This is a solid advice actually - enter practice fights in Vlandia, you'd often get a crossbow, even though the xp from them is lower than from real battle.

This is a solid advice actually - enter practice fights in Vlandia, you'd often get a crossbow, even though the xp from them is lower than from real battle.
Training fights give VERY little experience, it is better to try your luck at tournaments.

Don't know really. I didn't notice cities selling culture specific weapons, there are steppe bows everywhere, but if it is a thing, then yeah try Vlandia and Empire.
Well, yes a great percentage of armor and weapons definitely have specific cultures.

But as I said I've started about 5 games and played to at least level 10 and I've never seen a crossbow that required no skill this "light crossbow" seems to be extremly elusive, perhaps that could be fixed.

Well, yes a great percentage of armor and weapons definitely have specific cultures.

But as I said I've started about 5 games and played to at least level 10 and I've never seen a crossbow that required no skill this "light crossbow" seems to be extremly elusive, perhaps that could be fixed.
Yes, i got it only as loot from battle vs empire troops( 300men x 400men ). Only once)

I trained it a little...different ^^

I hired some Crossbow-Archers, start a battle against looters, killed my own Crossbow-Man and picked the Crossbow up...

So i gained fast the required 20 Skillpoints ^^

I trained it a little...different ^^

I hired some Crossbow-Archers, start a battle against looters, killed my own Crossbow-Man and picked the Crossbow up...

So i gained fast the required 20 Skillpoints ^^
This is both clever and sadistic ?. If you use tourney arrows (since there are lvl 0 bows) you can at least use blunt damage to knock them out instead of killing =D

Yeah, I noticed this issue. It made me force build with 20 Crossbow just to be able to use one. To be fair, before the more recent updates, all crossbows were 10x the cost, so it took forever to even get one.

Light crossbow without any specific skills needed is present in the game, but should be much more frequently sold in markets.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hey! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom