Resolved Can't donate prisoner lords to dungeons. 1.64 Beta.(still not resolved)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Zorion_no

Sergeant
Summary: Cant donate captured prisoner lords to dungeons.
How to Reproduce: Capture a lord, try to donate the lord to a town/castle that have sucessfully defended against previous besiegers.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no

The error message is "fair enough" but it dont fix the issue(not over time either).
So when trying to donate the lord you get the message -> "Dungeon limit exceeded(number of prisoners)
The problem of course is that if you go to the dungeon there is 0 there.

Theese are held captive by the GARRISON technically and not by the dungeon.
This have been reported numerous times in previous version, and have always been turned to resolved and, no its not resolved, this issue arrived in 1.61 I belive it was, prior to that you would see a town have x numbers of prisoners (by the garrison) and that you could still donate the prisoners.

Atm in my war back and forth with Khuzait over decades, from Sturgia, all the town/castles keep we've captured I have this issue with.
I have to go all the way back to Sibir or Varnapol to donate prisoners(Vlad castle got besieged in 1st war and thus is filled to capacity).

Seriously dont just brush this of again, as its very annoying bug/feature, since you miss out on charisma and also it impacts the war to some degree if you have to travel for 3-5 days just to donate prisoners away from the frontline.

Either you need to stop the garrison/town/castle from takeing prisoners, or you got to fix it to how it was before, this "bug/feature" isnt good for the the game.
the other option is that they can sell of those troops instant, so that the money can be given to the lord of the town/castle, and we can donate our prisoners again.

I can provide savegame if needed, or further explanation to a dev if they need more input, dont just brush it of and resolve the issue.
Or if this is a game design choice - let us know so we dont have to become frustrated by it and just "accept" that this is how it is.

So when trying to donate the lord you get the message -> "Dungeon limit exceeded(number of prisoners)
The problem of course is that if you go to the dungeon there is 0 there.

visiting the dungeon shows you captured lords/ladies only, so if the dungeon is full but is showing 0 prisoners it means that its full of regular enemy troops. these regular prisoners are only visible to the owner of the fief if the dungeon is full because only the owner can access the prisoner list when its full

however, i am having the same problem as you. can't drop off captured lords in many dungeons. i suggest that the AI automatically ransom regular prisoners when entering a city instead of filling the dungeon with them. and since castles dont have ransom brokers maybe the AI shouldnt drop regular prisoners in castles at all. are these prisoners being collected eventually or is that not happening?

Last edited:
Do you have a save file just before the donating prisoners?
You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file just before the donating prisoners?
I also had the same issue while playing my campaign on version beta e1.6.4. It still hapens in newer versions of the game. There are also more problems with prisons.
I just have created a ticket with 3 save files. Here's "Summary" paragraph from it, so anyone in this thread can have a look at other problems with prisons I have found:
Some prison mechanics seem broken. Prisons in most towns and castles get full over time and stay clogged almost forever. Ending all wars of the faction doesn't help. There are only two ways of empying them. One is to conquer the settlement and free the prisoners, and the other is changing the owner of the settlement to yourself via voting system in the kingdom tab.

Although, there is a twist with the second way. Some prisons have prisoners way over their limit, and if you change settlement ownership to yourself via voting, you only get access to some prisoners. All prisoners who were over the limit get stuck in the prison, because you don't have access to them.

I am sending 3 save files.
#1: "cant donate prisoners bug.sav" just shows the problem that original author of the thread have - you can't donate noble prisoner to full prison
#2: "prisoners over limit bug.sav" shows prisoners over prison's limit right before changing the ownership of the castle to myself, and it also shows that having no wars doesn't solve the problem of clogged prisons.
#3: "prisoners got stuck bug.sav" shows what happens right after you change the ownership of the settlement to yourself for a settlement with prisoners over the limit of the prison.

I also had the same issue while playing my campaign on version beta e1.6.4. It still hapens in newer versions of the game. There are also more problems with prisons.
I just have created a ticket with 3 save files. Here's "Summary" paragraph from it, so anyone in this thread can have a look at other problems with prisons I have found:
I hope some dev finally start to pick this up though, as it actually messes about with the games if a castle with many prisoners get conquered.

all the troops they lost and some is refilled from the prisoners..

So the siegieng army is 1000 vs garrison of 400 after the siege is over the army lost 600 units dead, and 200 wounded.. however the castle had 600+ prisoners so all the dead was restocked in an instant.
Thus the army can go on to next castle etc etc.

I cant pinpoint when the issue started, but its been a "source of frustration"

Also you can prolly just close this ticket, as the guy handling it is on my ignore so I'm not seeing it.
So just focus on the muppets ticket instead :wink:

Still not solved in 1.7.2:
LeSsPVs.png

Yeah, its consistent. Unless I own the castle/town I can never donate prisoners in 1.7.2; even if I'm the first lord entering the castle after conquering it. I have to delete excess prisoners rather than donating them.

Back
Top Bottom