In Progress Can't control troop after battle ends

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:Can't control troop after battle ends

can't press 1 2 3 4 to select troop group and issurre order to attack after the battle ends

How to Reproduce: finish the battle with anything looters will do
Have you used cheats and if so which: No

Computer Specs: Pretty sure this is nothing to do with Computer Spec
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

I am having the same issue being unable to run the enemy down since all troops just start cheering stright away but with every battle i fight. This results in me being unable to capture any prisoners either as it seems the enemy runs away (even the unconscious troops) and keeps their party on the map unless i do an auto resolve.

It's supposed to do that.

@MArdA TaleWorlds I have a question. What is the logic of this? In a real battle, when the enemy is retreating, nobody stands in place and cheers if their commander is telling them to finish off the enemy. That is blatantly disobeying orders.
I kinda agree with you to an extent, and it's kinda annoying at the start if you are not on a horse or you have a bow., but it's also true that no 100% of the units stay cheering, true i haven't counted but there is a % of units that it will still try to catch the fleeing enemies.

There is a situation there, what is strange is with the Cavalry, there is a % of the cav that seems to be affected with this cheering but since they are on top of the horse the horse will still chase the enemy while the guy on top is just cheering.... so in that aspect sure something is wrong. I would say we should have an option or something alike.

The problem is what is the alternative to this right? because if everyone goes you won't see any cheering, unless (maybe) at the end when all of them have fled/died. Another one is everybody goes cheering and after X seconds the battle will end, and everybody manages to run away. Also somewhat like you said if we order to Attack they should go and not just a certain % of units.

I kinda agree with you to an extent, and it's kinda annoying at the start if you are not on a horse or you have a bow., but it's also true that no 100% of the units stay cheering, true i haven't counted but there is a % of units that it will still try to catch the fleeing enemies.

There is a situation there, what is strange is with the Cavalry, there is a % of the cav that seems to be affected with this cheering but since they are on top of the horse the horse will still chase the enemy while the guy on top is just cheering.... so in that aspect sure something is wrong. I would say we should have an option or something alike.

The problem is what is the alternative to this right? because if everyone goes you won't see any cheering, unless (maybe) at the end when all of them have fled/died. Another one is everybody goes cheering and after X seconds the battle will end, and everybody manages to run away. Also somewhat like you said if we order to Attack they should go and not just a certain % of units.
But none of that is what this topic is about not the other long one where he did reply and also misunderstood. The issue is that we don't even can't even bring up the order interface to attempt to give orders to our units after the enemy start cheering. So if you don't already have cavalry at least set to charge BEFORE the enemy start to flee, we got practically 0 chance to chase any units down, other than what you can do yourself personally

But none of that is what this topic is about not the other long one where he did reply and also misunderstood. The issue is that we don't even can't even bring up the order interface to attempt to give orders to our units after the enemy start cheering. So if you don't already have cavalry at least set to charge BEFORE the enemy start to flee, we got practically 0 chance to chase any units down, other than what you can do yourself personally
I didn't mentioned that part because i wasn't 100% certain, but i just went to my game and tested it.

I can command/order all the time even when there is 0 enemies i can still issue commands... but im on e.1.5.9 main branch and not on the 1.5.10 Beta, so i can't say if anything happened to that part in specific. Hope i cleared my viewpoint.

I didn't mentioned that part because i wasn't 100% certain, but i just went to my game and tested it.

I can command/order all the time even when there is 0 enemies i can still issue commands... but im on e.1.5.9 main branch and not on the 1.5.10 Beta, so i can't say if anything happened to that part in specific. Hope i cleared my viewpoint.
It is indeed a 1.5.10 bug (I still refuse to believe this is a deliberate design decision, even if that is what MArdA said, pretty sure he still never understood what the issue is really about)

Is this a design decision, I need to know so I can write a scathing review of this stupidity. What the hell? I lose control over my troops entirely after the enemy routes? You cannot be serious this is intended design? This is single dumbest crap I have ever heard of in a war game.

The command controls disappear after the enemy routes, this is intended?

No DEV comment and this was on Friday, it's now Wednesday.

Last edited:
Design team told me they will test this if there is a bug or everything works as intended. Please keep in mind that tomorrow and Friday are Eid holiday and we won't be working.

Design team told me they will test this if there is a bug or everything works as intended. Please keep in mind that tomorrow and Friday are Eid holiday and we won't be working.
Is the design to take the command UI away from the player when the enemy routes? It is either a bug or intended, there's no testing to be done.

Is the design to take the command UI away from the player when the enemy routes? It is either a bug or intended, there's no testing to be done.
While I agree with your logic I see absolutely no reason for this to be by design.
Furthermore, before, you could control your troops but instead of butchering the retreating enemy troops they just kept celebrating for the most part which was quite irritating.
So if anything, they should give you more control than before, to finish the enemy off.
I think they should keep obeying and fighting to the last moment and celebrate only once the battlefield is clear of the enemy. (or they can shout in celebration but keep fighting)

Back
Top Bottom