Can't connect to lobby

Users who are viewing this thread

I will bump this because it has been more than 3 days since release and the issue hasnt been fixed not even announced.
Even reading through Steam forums people are asking whats wrong. How can you call this a "release"?
Bet you they just gave up "released" the game and literally turned off all communication devices!

I will bump this because it has been more than 3 days since release and the issue hasnt been fixed not even announced.
Even reading through Steam forums people are asking whats wrong. How can you call this a "release"?
Bet you they just gave up "released" the game and literally turned off all communication devices!
No, we haven't. The issue requires a client-side update and we have included the fix intended for improving the situation with an upcoming update. Thank you for your patience.

Im done, could check back in a few months but by then so many crpg players would be so far ahead, and I have no interest in Native Bannerlord.
And even if I could login I hear the servers still crash often along with numerous bugs that was already putting me off playing.

If I could, Id ask for a refund, this level of disappointment would be enough to never buy any product from said company again.
The fact that its my most beloved company whom Ive purchased cherished and downright devoted myself to every single one of their previous products, this is gut wrenching. Ive known TW for so long now, bought the unlock key long before the original Mount and Blade was released.

Im done, could check back in a few months but by then so many crpg players would be so far ahead, and I have no interest in Native Bannerlord.
And even if I could login I hear the servers still crash often along with numerous bugs that was already putting me off playing.

If I could, Id ask for a refund, this level of disappointment would be enough to never buy any product from said company again.
The fact that its my most beloved company whom Ive purchased cherished and downright devoted myself to every single one of their previous products, this is gut wrenching. Ive known TW for so long now, bought the unlock key long before the original Mount and Blade was released.
Agree
These arnt just empty words. I will NEVER purchase anything from TW either. I tried in the first week to get a refund but had over 2hours so it didnt work. Steam should really increase the play time. In 2 hours you really cant see the immense amount of bugs.
Why they arent pulling this game from Steam like they did Batman ist mostly because this is niche and had too many whiteknight fanbois protecting it. Hopefully these fanboys can cope with the garbage TW put. I bet they are telling themselves that modders will fix the game. Have they even spoken to modders? Are they taking for granted all the free work hours and labour needed to fix this game? If i was a modder Id be pissed that a whole community expects me to do everything to fix their game without monetary compensation. The same community that silenced all critizism of this trash 2 year alpha testing game.
Didnt modders come together and write a formal letter to TW of how pissed they were?

Dont know what the devs are doing but I solved the issue on my own.
Have to pay for the game and fix it myself it seems.

Normal executable doesnt work. You need to start the game with the Launcher.Native.exe.

Definitely wont buy anything from TW ever again. This is just a huge mess.
Glad to see majority of people playing on modded servers. No one liked their vision anyway. Finally team damage and I dont have to care about saving money to buy a unit evry time I die.
@Plumbo_the_Norman Hopefully it works for you too.

Hey all, we have just released v1.0.1. Could you please check if you're still facing this issue?
yes, servers crashing, perhpaps fix that first, not being able to play a game that supposedly celebrated it's realease and exit from a long early access is utterly insulting

Hey all, we have just released v1.0.1. Could you please check if you're still facing this issue?
Hey Dejan,
Like I said if I want to play multiplayer the only way to do so is using the Launcher.Native.exe. The standard executable gives me login failed errors.
I have witnessed somewhat better server stability, but after 3-4 games we crash.

Dont know what the devs are doing but I solved the issue on my own.
Have to pay for the game and fix it myself it seems.

Normal executable doesnt work. You need to start the game with the Launcher.Native.exe.

Definitely wont buy anything from TW ever again. This is just a huge mess.
Glad to see majority of people playing on modded servers. No one liked their vision anyway. Finally team damage and I dont have to care about saving money to buy a unit evry time I die.
@Plumbo_the_Norman Hopefully it works for you too.
Holy **** this actually worked. That's crazy.
I still had problems after the 1.0.1. update, but check out the above post.

Last edited:
Hey Dejan,
Like I said if I want to play multiplayer the only way to do so is using the Launcher.Native.exe. The standard executable gives me login failed errors.
I have witnessed somewhat better server stability, but after 3-4 games we crash.
Well with the new update my issue is finally "solved". Now the normal executable works again for mp and i can login.

The problem started appearing for me about 2-3 days ago, I think after one of the micro-updates.
Clicking Login button gives "Could not connect to server" message.

Relevant part of the log (the lines that appear after each attempt):
Code:
[16:00:21.343] [][] New MBGameClient State: Working old state:Idle

[16:00:21.489] Http Post Request to http://service://bannerlord.lobby/:80/Data/ProcessMessage

[16:00:25.202] Http Post Request with message failed. Exception status: NameResolutionFailure

[16:00:25.202] Exception 0: The remote name could not be resolved: 'service' ||| StackTrace:

[16:00:25.202] ClientRestSessionTask::SetFinishedAsFailed::TaleWorlds.Diamond.Rest.ConnectMessage

[16:00:25.202] ClientRestSessionTask::SetFinishedAsFailed:: TaleWorlds.Diamond.Rest.ConnectMessage done

[16:00:25.208] [][] New MBGameClient State: Idle old state:Working

Looks like badly constructed URL?

Edit:
After a suggestion in Bannerlord Steam Forums, I tried launching the game through Launcher.Native.exe, and then the multiplayer successfully connected.
Still an issue when launching through Steam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom