Can't Advance Trade Attribute Points Beyond 10 ??

Users who are viewing this thread

RodLimitless

Recruit
Can't Advance Trade Attribute Points Beyond 10 ??

I took Baron's Retainer for extra social attribute, all the early childhood stuff that gave social attributes, to the point it was at max 7.

However, now I have 5 focus points in trade and 10 in social and it seems there's no way whatsoever to increase trade (primarily cause I was trying to get spring of gold perk).

Like there's absolutely no way to get the perk, or what am I missing??

I started the campaign with 7 attribute points on social and 1 in trade, and have spent 4 focus in trade and 3 attribute points into social, giving me a total of 10 attribute points to social and 5 focus to trade, however, I am literally unable to level it any further. What do I need to do? Do you have to secretly pick Aserai culture or something like that? Thanks

You don't. The green bar is the range where leveling is easy. After that you can still level the skill, but it gets harder. AFAIK with all the points you put into trade you can level it until 300 or something like that.

You don't. The green bar is the range where leveling is easy. After that you can still level the skill, but it gets harder. AFAIK with all the points you put into trade you can level it until 300 or something like that.
for sure? i thought the green bar meant that you can NOT level it past that. so it can still go beyond the green bar? even if i don't add any extra points to it ?

with 10 points in stat and full focus you can go up to 330, but it will be slooow after you leave green area

i see. thanks, thought i was stuck and had to restart.

but, theres no way that the green bar can ever reach the maximum perk then, is there?

Also, beware about leveling another skill first, like smithing and others. The more you level skills = the more you level-up, and the more you level-up= the slower you will gain experience in any skill (the learning rate goes down). It's a very unpleasant system. If I were you, I wouldn't go for a trader playthrough at this point, well, I really wouldn't play the game yet until (if) they fixed the leveling system, which I hope they will. Atm it's a lot of grind. I tried it too but I got bored until 100+ trading. The thing with trading is, you get so much money early (I had a workshop and enough money (20k+) for caravan with elite troops), that reaching for those perks you do it strictly for them, and you don't really need more money than that early and it can feel like you don't need to put all that work in to begin with... (especially if you don't buy companions early on, since their wages are way more. I also stick to recruits because wages are again less. Very easy to make money with ~100 trading.

We need to keep reminding the devs about those issues with leveling because that's how the game will turn from a grindfest to a funfest. Yeah I wanted to grind trading for the spring of gold perk too, but is it really worth it? Really? Nah... I'm having more fun playing an endurance/vitality athletics caracter that is getting beaten down by anything above looter-level but he and his boys put up a good fight. My point is there are playstyles that are more fun, because they're more realistic and they don't rely on overpowerdness, and also the grindiness is bearable because it is fun (for a little while at least...). Don't fall in trap to grind for a perk that is not worth grinding for in the end... this is my opinion though, you may find yourself bored half-way through your game or you may not. They need to fix leveling though, and then all playstyles will become fun. But atm you're stuck running between towns for ages trading, and that gets really boring at one point... to me at least... because if you don't do that and you decide to level other skills, guess what, learning rate goes down for ALL the skills. Horrible. If it wasn't so grindy, it might have been good fun, but sense of progression is whack. You can't just go and level another skill and take a break from trading, because that simply lowers your leveling speed in all skills once you level-up, which is the worst mechanic I ever met in a game. I tell you, W H A C K.

Last edited:
Even without focus points, your first horse train from Askar to Vlandia, providing you have enough cash to make your first purchase, will net you 20-40 points anyway.

As per above... level your trade first. It will end up being your most valuable set of perks.

Also, beware about leveling another skill first, like smithing and others. The more you level skills = the more you level-up, and the more you level-up= the slower you will gain experience in any skill (the learning rate goes down). It's a very unpleasant system. If I were you, I wouldn't go for a trader playthrough at this point, well, I really wouldn't play the game yet until (if) they fixed the leveling system, which I hope they will. Atm it's a lot of grind. I tried it too but I got bored until 100+ trading. The thing with trading is, you get so much money early (I had a workshop and enough money (20k+) for caravan with elite troops), that reaching for those perks you do it strictly for them, and you don't really need more money than that early and it can feel like you don't need to put all that work in to begin with... (especially if you don't buy companions early on, since their wages are way more. I also stick to recruits because wages are again less. Very easy to make money with ~100 trading.

We need to keep reminding the devs about those issues with leveling because that's how the game will turn from a grindfest to a funfest. Yeah I wanted to grind trading for the spring of gold perk too, but is it really worth it? Really? Nah... I'm having more fun playing an endurance/vitality athletics caracter that is getting beaten down by anything above looter-level but he and his boys put up a good fight. My point is there are playstyles that are more fun, because they're more realistic and they don't rely on overpowerdness, and also the grindiness is bearable because it is fun (for a little while at least...). Don't fall in trap to grind for a perk that is not worth grinding for in the end... this is my opinion though, you may find yourself bored half-way through your game or you may not. They need to fix leveling though, and then all playstyles will become fun. But atm you're stuck running between towns for ages trading, and that gets really boring at one point... to me at least... because if you don't do that and you decide to level other skills, guess what, learning rate goes down for ALL the skills. Horrible. If it wasn't so grindy, it might have been good fun, but sense of progression is whack. You can't just go and level another skill and take a break from trading, because that simply lowers your leveling speed in all skills once you level-up, which is the worst mechanic I ever met in a game. I tell you, W H A C K.
I actually had no idea that general leveling affected all SP associated learning proficiencies.....

Mind blown.

I actually had no idea that general leveling affected all SP associated learning proficiencies.....

Mind blown.
I know right... I think everyone's minds were blown when they first found out that such a terrible feature somehow made it through to the current design AND stayed there... The more you level, the less experience you get. But the closer you get to the end of the perk-tree, the more experience is required. This kind of artificial limiting of the player needs to go, perks aren't even that good as to require this kind of limit. Just balance exp properly and make it a consistent grind that won't allow a character to get to the end of all perk trees in one lifetime, that's literally all they need to do, and focus points/attributes can make sure of that (some skills will level slower than others). I really see no point to this "feature". But actually, if I do want to grind exp all day long and get my character all or almost all perks, for a singleplayer game, again I don't see a problem in that when perks aren't really op to begin with

Back
Top Bottom