Cannot walk and move camera simultaneously

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadie Rush

Recruit
I can either walk around or move the camera but I cannot do them simultaneously.  I am updated to 1.158.

How do I fix this?

a w s d keys have the same effect as `.

I changed the ` key to ] but that had no effect on the a w s d keys.

I noticed that I cannot move the cursor in the map view when pressing a w s d keys either.

Very clever.

24l61hj.png

Can you explain where you're at here? Are you trying to use the map view in singleplayer or when you're in a certain village doing some actual walking around?

In the SP map-view, I believe you can click on the place you're wanting to move towards and then move the camera away, however if you designate a new destination it will center the camera back on your party/warband. Although I may be wrong I think you can't do them simultaneously.

Hold the tilde key. It may be different on non-US keyboards though.

Whatever keyboard you have, it's the key located around the top left hand side of the keyboard under esc, and to the left of the line of numbers above the letters- the line of numbers under the F1 to F12 buttons. You ave to hold down this button for it to work.

Holding down the view outfit button does not stop the a w s d keys from disabling the cursor.  Fighting without simultaneous use of mouse and a w s d keys is not very fun.

Edit:  Using the view outfit button I can rotate the camera around my character however that is not my problem.  When I press the a w s d keys to move my charactor it negates my mouse input.  I cannot move and look around at the same time.

Hmm. Either your game needs reinstall or there's something wrong with your keyboard.

Heres a couple of things to try:
Try plugging you keyboard and mouse into different  usb-slot.
Try reinstalling the game.
Try reinstalling your kb and mouse drivers.

Are you on a laptop? A lot of those have settings to disable mouse actions while typing (to avoid accidentally clicking when you brush the touchpad).

Check that out (perhaps in the trackpad settings of your taskbar or somewhere in your control panel). It's unlikely that the problem is coming from the game since it's not something we've heard of before.

Captain Lust said:
Are you on a laptop? A lot of those have settings to disable mouse actions while typing (to avoid accidentally clicking when you brush the touchpad).

Check that out (perhaps in the trackpad settings of your taskbar or somewhere in your control panel). It's unlikely that the problem is coming from the game since it's not something we've heard of before.

Yes that is it.  Thanks. :smile:

I recently reinstalled windows on my Dell Laptop, doing this changed the "touch check" setting.  Now that I disabled "touch check" I can use touchpad and keyboard simultaneously.

Swadie Rush said:
Captain Lust said:

Yes that is it.  Thanks. :smile:

I recently reinstalled windows on my Dell Laptop, doing this changed the "touch check" setting.  Now that I disabled "touch check" I can use touchpad and keyboard simultaneously.
Great that your problem is solved but remember laptop touchpads are not for gaming. You'll have a better experience with a real mouse.

Back
Top Bottom