Resolved Cannot use ranged weapon after switching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.0
Branch
Main
This is actually a well-known bug which many many players have came across but was never reported it seems like.

When you switch to a ranged weapon (of any sort) you can not use it from time to time which is really frustrating.

I think it happens when you switch weapons and click on a precise point then you just cannot throw or shoot, I'm quite unsure about this tho.
It looks to me like you need to wait the time it takes to fire the weapon somehow, so for crossbow it feels like a long wait. It is really hard to record as it just looks like the game is just not receiving an input.

It has been here since beta

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually a well-known bug which many many players have came across but was never reported it seems like.

When you switch to a ranged weapon (of any sort) you can not use it from time to time which is really frustrating.

I think it happens when you switch weapons and click on a precise point then you just cannot throw or shoot, I'm quite unsure about this tho.
It looks to me like you need to wait the time it takes to fire the weapon somehow, so for crossbow it feels like a long wait. It is really hard to record as it just looks like the game is just not receiving an input.

It has been here since beta
yeah this happens a lot it can happen with javs and any projectile its very annoying and can lead to your death when switching to a projectile for a quick shot and it doesnt work or fire.

Do you have any reliable reproduction method of this issue? I also reported this internally but there seems to be no reliable method to reproduce it everytime.
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I will see if I can get some videos of when it happens and maybe there is a reproduction method in there but atm I don't have one, it just kills me regularly.

today during a cw. I picked one up and couldn't throw until the moment I threw it.
Was really long this time, I wanted to throw it in the back of the archer we were fighting.

The QA team informed me that they were unable to reproduce this issue in the most recent version of the game. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so can you capture a video? If you can use software that shows your input while recording a video it would be really great! You can use Nohboard for this.

The QA team informed me that they were unable to reproduce this issue in the most recent version of the game. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so can you capture a video? If you can use software that shows your input while recording a video it would be really great! You can use Nohboard for this.
I played a bit today at it still happened. Recording it is easy enough as you can just record your last minute with ReLive/Shadowplay but that won't show the keyboard inputs. I will see if I can produce it reliably as only then I can record the keyboard inputs but doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom