Resolved No tournament melee weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.0.227436
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: Ever time I attempt to start a new game it loads before stating "The application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. Would you like to upload these files now". I have uploaded the files and tried multiple fixes, like creating exceptions in my antivirus and firewall, I have attempted the fix for removing modifications ( https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/how-to-remove-modifications.429184/ ), I have tried a reinstall, verifying of files multiple times and any possible fix online. I am able to load previous saved games, only getting an occasional crash. When I an in a saved game I am unable to see or use melee weapons in tournaments (I have tested, all weapons are VISIBLE when entering Arena not tournament), same can be said for the NPC's. Shields, horses, javelins and bows still function normally. When trying to complete the tournament the game has a chance to freeze at any time when skipping a round (I have not tested watching it), there is also a undeniable crash when attempting to start the final or semi final round of the tournament whether or not I skip or join the fight.

How to Reproduce: New game Crash - Launch mount and blade 2 bannerlord and select New Campaign.
No Tournament melee Weapons, and Freeze/crash - Simply enter any saved game and enter any tournament (literally nothing ells) afterwards I have to end the application in task manager.

Have you used cheats and if so which:

Scene Name (if related):

Media (Screenshots & Video): Link to Screenshots of problems

Computer Specs:
GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (MSI)
GPU Driver Version: v461.92 Release date 03/16/2021
CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 2.90GHz
RAM: 16Gb dual-Channel
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B360-H GAMING (LGA1151)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00MFCA0 (SATA )

Last edited:
We need a crash ID for the new game crash you are experiencing.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.

Also it would be great if you can also send us the save file that has the no tournament melee weapons issue.
With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Also it would be great if you can also send us the save file that has the no tournament melee weapons issue.
With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
I uploaded the crash ID I think and just sent the save file. I believe my crash ID is for the new game crash, if not please let me know then I can resend and reupload correct ID

Try a clean install. Do you use Vortex?

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

clean

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.
install is impossible for me since i cannot download large game files, took me 3 months just to get it installed, played for a few months after then left the game for a while.

Clean Install

I attempted a clean install and it still didn't solve anything D:

New info, I am able to access the character creation screen when starting a new game in SANDBOX mode, everything is running smoothly sofar.
I did attempt to start a new normal game, it still crashes when loading to character creation. Will see if tournaments will have weapons in sandbox

edit: tournaments have ranged weapons and shields, no melee weapons but npc's still use melee animations

Last edited:
Okay so I might have figured out what's causing all of my problems. Somehow the community patch/fix is still integrated into my launcher, I do not know how since I've done a full clean install. I've even found other mod files which where found in the bin, Data, GUI, Modules, Shaders and XmlSchemas folders. I'm attempting to manually delete any and every file which dates back to 2020 since the clean install happened this year.

I'd still like some help removing these files or just a way to remove the patch from the launcher. will keep you guys posted on any relevant updates.

Also after the clean install I am able to start a new campaign and I've only had one or two crashes, I have experienced a crash when attempting to delete a saved game (Iron man is on). Tournaments still has no melee weapons. Bow's and shields still work fine but it still crashes after skipping a round. Will see if this is fixed after my file deleting spree

Game crashes when opening saved games, attempting to delete saved games from documents folder... Attempt proved futile and unsuccessful. After crashing I inspect the documents folder, but all deleted saved games are back in the folder. Fixed - I believe this was caused by a corrupt save or outdated version. After disabling steam cloud sync I was able to delete saved games successfully and open Saved games menu without issue.

Tournament issues remain unresolved, still no melee weapons and still crashes when skipping, watching or leaving tournament, no helpful solution found.( Shields and bow's and horses are still usable in tournaments)

I have found that practice fights are working normally without issue, I am testing this on on sandbox instead of story mode. Tournament still crashes, I am unable to send a crash report because it freezes indefinitely, I have to end task to regain access.

Last edited:
Currently deleting all tournament related files, hopefully after verifying game files tournament issues should be resolved.

Tournament issue remains unresolved, melee weapons still missing. Note, no longer crashes when leaving tournament, after a (very) long fist fight throughout the tournament I can conclude after winning that crashes no longer happen due to skipping tournament, have not tested watching.
I am fairly certain that my lack of melee weapons in tournament might be caused by a sort of 'switch' something which either enables or disables melee weapons in tournament. If anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it, should I get prompted a crash report I will send the new ID asap since the tournament bug is on every new, old and current save/game.

Back
Top Bottom