Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
whenever my game crashes(i found a particularly stubborn crashpoint)the crash uploaded opens and i give it a description but when i click to compress it only goes a few seconds before i get an error saying "cannot compress report files. access to the path [path] is denied"

whenever my game crashes(i found a particularly stubborn crashpoint)the crash uploaded opens and i give it a description but when i click to compress it only goes a few seconds before i get an error saying "cannot compress report files. access to the path [path] is denied"
Good day! I suggest you try the recommendations of the developers. I also recommend trying to disable mods.

my other post is about the crash this post is about the inability to send the report. mods are closed along with the game after the crash so i doubt they are effecting this

Forwarded this to the developers. Do you have a save file before the crash happens? Also can you share how do you crash the game. We can also try to reproduce on our end.

"You can try starting the game in the administrator mode." got it will try that

"Do you have a save file before the crash happens?" already sent. hopefully they will be able to replicate the issue

i described how to replicate the crash it should go somthing like "start the battle on this save put infantry in front in shield formation, archers behind in loose formation and mounted archers behind them. then circle the enemy by yourself and pelt the backs of their shield formation with arrows" i didnt include my name or anything with the upload since the crash was all that mattered at the time i didnt realize yet that it was my shift key causing the problem

update: running the game as administrator did not allow the crash uploader to work. maybe its because im on steam?

Last edited:
i think so, i cant really check because ive found yet another crash caused by the 'elite searaiders' fight and since my zoom key isnt binded thats not at fault but the crash uploader wont even open now? so last time it opened i think the error it gave me was the same but im unable to confirm

and before anyone asks. yes, i turned off mods for this crash

i think so, i cant really check because ive found yet another crash caused by the 'elite searaiders' fight and since my zoom key isnt binded thats not at fault but the crash uploader wont even open now? so last time it opened i think the error it gave me was the same but im unable to confirm

and before anyone asks. yes, i turned off mods for this crash
You may start steam on admin mode. If it doesn't work just cancel admin mode from the game executable.
Edit: Forget steam :smile: Set game executable and crash uploader executable (i don't know its name) as run as administrator and try that way.
Got a reply back from the devs regarding that error code. IT is not on our end but something on your hardware sadly.
I'm really curious about what makes them think its a hardware issue. "access to the path [path] is denied" sounds like crash uploader trying to read some files, but cannot due to some permission issues. Also File IO exceptions display file path not "path [path]". This looks like a bug in a custom exception message.

Last edited:
i wasnt able to find "crash uploader executable" but when i found the game exe and made that run as admin instead of steam the uploader came back and even finished a part of what it was supposed to do! but i still ended up with an error that says "cannot cleanup crash report"
huzzah! progress!

I guess the game runs the uploader seperate app so it doesn't use admin privileges of the game executable.
Crash uploader crashing again. It looks like a common error. From the screenshot, the app is named "TWCrashUploader". You can search the name. If it doesn't yield any results, you can search for all the executable files by searching "*.exe" (without quotation marks) in the bannerlord directory.

Found the save file. Forwarded it. It would be great if you can crash the game again and upload the related files. And send us the crash ID afterwards by leaving a reply to this thread.

the previous crash issue i was having (the save you found and the one i made another thread about) is somthing i managed to move past because i figured out that big battle+ zoom key = high likelihood of crashing but im currently stuck in a battle where 'elite sea raiders' are causing crashes and i dont know why
here is the crash id that i was given upon upload: 2021-02-10_21.28.47_00000000000000000000000000000000

Back
Top Bottom