Resolved Cannot save the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, please make sure that the game is on the controlled folder access allowed apps list in your security software.Well known security software that may be tied with the issue is Windows Defender. If you are using Windows Defender:- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
- Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.
- Click the Add an allowed app button.

@elysebluemoon I am using Norton Security Suite and I cannot access the Controlled Folder Access option offered under Windows Security as it defers me to Norton as it is taking care of my antivirus. I've tried a few options that I thought it could be under Norton but I am still having trouble with games data not being able to be created.

Update: As of the 1.5.2 beta I am not having this issue. I can confirm this as of now. Save data is currently working for me with Norton Security Suite active.

Last edited:
I manually gave the exe a trustworthy rating and it has admin rights. What else is there to do?

Antivirus' sometimes handle Data Protection and it will protect folders like MyDocuments and other folders. It looks for executables that modify files within folders and it they don't have a valid signature or have a suspect signature depending on the settings may block the application from performing the modification of which in this case would be a save file. So I would look for security setting that scan and watch for these types of tasks and there should be an exclusion list / trusted list. I can't guarantee your antivirus has this as I'm not familiar with it but hopefully this helps. You may want to restart your computer afterwards just to be sure it takes the changes.

Back
Top Bottom