Resolved Cannot save the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Kolai

Recruit
As the title says, i can no longer save the game when playing.

i havent played the game for some time and decided to boot it up again, however, when i did this everytime i tried to save it it game an error message, i have browsed through the forums and saw quite a number of similar issues, however the work-arounds that were mentioned in those threads did not work for me.

any suggestions would be appreciated

Can you please give me more info using the template below?

Version:
Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Version: e1.4.1, the beta patch has the same issue
Installed community-made modifications: the same happens with and without mods
Computer Specs:64 bit
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
CPU: I7-8750H
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: HP 8478, v70.43
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

i hope that the info is correct

Hi, if you are trying to save a modded game even if the mods are disabled it could still affect the save process. The mods might have corrupted your save file. Please try disabling all mods, verifying your game files and then creating a new campaign. If you can save this campaign without any problems, then we'll know the problem for your original save is a broken or outdated mod.

Hi, can you send us a screenshot of the error message? By error message, do you mean a crash uploader? Do you have a crash uploader ID? If you can send us the ID, that would help a lot, too.
If you can't add a screenshot to your post, send it to [email protected].

Save 1 Is last working.
Destroyed all previous Saves Ability to save @ (Quick or auto)Save 3

Hello I'm back and I must say I'm very disappointed about 1.4.3
The bug is still here.
This time I only installed mods to make the game playable.
Maybe the mod that is making this crash happen is FastDialogue.
Playing the game without FastDialogue is 100% impossible.

It might also be the Attribute point per level.

My mod list is.

Xorborax's Cut through Everyone,
SmithingHideUnknown,
SmithingHideUnknown,
FastDialogue,
AttributePointPerLevel.

Honestly you should allow people to post screenshots and save games on the forum posts and give the same people the right to filter and delete them.

What difference does it make if its on your mail server or a database?
It's not harder to maintain. And I'm sure your webdevs can do it.

I seem to be having this issue allot more often than other people maybe its hardware related.

saves @ https://github.com/NicTanghe/BannerlordCantSaveDev0InformationResponseFail/releases/tag/1

Last edited:
Ok I just saw you don't offer support on modded games.
Well then at the very least just make SmithingHideUnknown, SmithingHideUnknown, FastDialogue A part of the standard game.

Especially SmithingHideUnknown and FastDialogue are mandatory for the people to not want to immediately quit your game.

I experience the issue for the first time now. Loaded the 1.4.3 Beta and whenever the game tries to save I get the notification "cannot save game". Looked up some old forums where people had this issue and it was their antivirus blocking the program to write data. So I gave it a trustworthy rating, but it still can't save. Also, I have to use the native.exe because the main exe is bugged for me, for example in the options menu I only get a brown blank canvas, and when I start the campaign it crashes. Also the native.exe has admin rights, and before 1.4.3 Beta it all worked, so I am really clueless what I could do next.

I experience the issue for the first time now. Loaded the 1.4.3 Beta and whenever the game tries to save I get the notification "cannot save game". Looked up some old forums where people had this issue and it was their antivirus blocking the program to write data. So I gave it a trustworthy rating, but it still can't save. Also, I have to use the native.exe because the main exe is bugged for me, for example in the option's menu I only get a brown blank canvas, and when I start the campaign it crashes. Also, the native.exe has admin rights, and before 1.4.3 Beta it all worked, so I am really clueless what I could do next.

Did you install any mods ?
Did you turn of Controlled folder access ?
(turning of Controlled folder access did not a singe thing to everything not working both when it first started happening and Right now)

Save 1 Is last working.
Destroyed all previous Saves Ability to save @ (Quick or auto)Save 3

Hello I'm back and I must say I'm very disappointed about 1.4.3
The bug is still here.
This time I only installed mods to make the game playable.
Maybe the mod that is making this crash happen is FastDialogue.
Playing the game without FastDialogue is 100% impossible.

It might also be the Attribute point per level.

My mod list is.

Xorborax's Cut through Everyone,
SmithingHideUnknown,
SmithingHideUnknown,
FastDialogue,
AttributePointPerLevel.

I seem to be having this issue allot more often than other people maybe its hardware related.

saves @ https://github.com/NicTanghe/BannerlordCantSaveDev0InformationResponseFail/releases/tag/1
Hi, are you talking about a different bug, or are you too reporting that you cannot save your game?

One thing I want to add. When saving, which fails, it creates a save file with a .tmp ending, which cannot be loaded. When trying to load it, the game just closes without any error message.

Now I have completely broken the game. Whenever I try to load in the main menu or whenever I press f5 to save the game just closes without any error message.

Back
Top Bottom