Need More Info Cannot Save the game or delete old saves

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Cannot Save the game or delete old saves
I just reinstalled the game for the official release of the game, previously I had mods installed which were still in the module folder. Before even opening the game I removed them. When launching the game at the bottom right of my main screen I get a windows notification reading:
"Virus & thread protection
Unauthorized changes blocked
Controlled folder access blocked
TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe from
making changes. click to see settings"
I originally thought it would be a easy issue to fix so I went into my windows firewall, allowed all instances of mount and blade through and clicked on the notification to take me to where I should be able to stop the quarantine of the files. Where windows lists "recent activity" for where the notification of bannerlord being blocked there was nothing there.
I tried verifying steam files
turning off fire wall completely
I have set steam to run the game in admin mode
messed around in Window's Exploit protection
disabled the Reputation-based protection

How to Reproduce: Attempting to save game or delete old saves
Have you used cheats and if so which: None installed
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: 3060 TI
GPU Driver Version: 526.47
CPU: Ryzen -3800x
RAM: 32gb
Motherboard: Tomahawk max
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Can you please check if your Documents folder's directory is changed to OneDrive by default?
https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
Please also make sure that the game is on the controlled folder access allowed apps list in your security software.Well known security software that may be tied with the issue is Windows Defender.If you are using Windows Defender:- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
- Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.
- Click the Add an allowed app button.

Back
Top Bottom