In Progress General Cannot rename / edit Kingdoms (spkingdoms.xml) outside of the Sandbox module

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
I wasn't sure about where to post this, but I've found an oversight, which could be interpreted as a bug, with the spkingdoms XML file. In vanilla, this file is in the Sandbox module, but a lot of people who want to make total conversion mods would want to overwrite this file, so that they can replace the vanilla kingdoms with their own.

To overwrite this file, I place a copy in MyModule/ModuleData and edited the name , short_name , and title fields, but the kingdom retained its name when I loaded my mod. However, when I edited the text (kingdom description) field in spkingdoms , the change was applied, which means that the game was loading and reading the custom XML file. After failing rename the kingdoms with an XML file in my mod's folder, I replaced the spkingdoms file in the SandBox module and it renamed the kingdoms as expected.

This means that anyone who wants to rename, replace, or delete the vanilla kingdoms in a mod has to overwrite the vanilla files for their mod to work correctly. If someone could correct the spkingdoms.xml file so that it's correctly loaded into the game, it would remove a major obstacle for total conversion mods. Thank you for looking into this, and please let me know if I've posted this in the wrong place.

Edit: After doing some testing, I found that there is a similar issue with clans (spclans.xml). Although existing clans can be added through a custom module, existing clans cannot be renamed or transferred between kingdoms.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom