Resolved Cannot load saves, cannot start new campaigns, uninstalls do not help.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll try to recall everything that lead up until this point. I bought the game at launch and played successfully, with sporadic crashes that I thought was acceptable. I didn't know that the beta branches were not stable, so I was playing on the latest beta patch up until 1.2.1 (I think). Everything was fine and I put the game down for a while. Pick it back up and immediately download 1.3.0 or 1.3.1 beta patches and my saves start crashing hard. I could load into the game, but the moment I did anything; click on anything, open up menus, the game would crash, sometimes crashing my whole computer. I try opting out of betas and switch to the base game, saves still crashing. At this point I'm thinking, maybe the saves are corrupted, so I start a new character. Get through the character creation, and the game crashes the moment I get to the first town. I tried verifying my files, game still crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, game still crashes. I tried uninstalling, going into the documents folder and deleting Mount and Blade Bannerlord folders, then reinstalling, game still crashing.

My game is essentially bricked; I can't start a new campaign and I can't load any old saves. I really want to continue to play the game, so I'm willing to work at it, but it's very frustrating to be literally unplayable. How do I delete EVERYTHING off of my computer so I can do a clean reinstall, because I don't think the Steam uninstall is working. Or is there a fix out there?

FYI: No mods installed. I played on beta branch cause I was a dum dum.

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue. Meanwhile, can you please share the corrupted save files with us? You can share them under this thread or send them to me directly.

Hi, you can use Google Drive or Dropbox (or any cloud service you may be using), upload your save file and share a link to it on this thread. Make sure the necessary permissions are given so the file is viewable and editable otherwise we won't be able to access it.
Or, you can send your save file to [email protected] with a link to this thread.

Hello,
I have the exact same problem which began on 5/25. I'm on the newer patch 1.4.0. As soon as a saved game loads, it crashes within a minute. Over and over so that I can no longer even play. How do I upload a saved file to Google drive?
Thanks,
Matt

Hello,
I have the exact same problem which began on 5/25. I'm on the newer patch 1.4.0. As soon as a saved game loads, it crashes within a minute. Over and over so that I can no longer even play. How do I upload a saved file to Google drive?
Thanks,
Matt
Hi, here's a useful video:

You can also send your save file to [email protected] with a link to this thread.

Update: Installing the game to a new hard drive does allow me to play it again, but it seems some residual file(s) from the previous install prevents it from working in the previous hard drive. I don't think I'd be able to upload a save file because I deleted them all in an attempt to clear the game from my hard drive.

Solution: It seems that the problem was my old PSU in my computer because other games were crashing shortly thereafter. I think my old saves are unusable at this point, but a new PSU solved my crashing problems.

Back
Top Bottom